1. This photo on Unsplash is how I want to age, near the ocean, taking long walks and sitting in stillness, (although, where’s my dog?). It reminds me of poet Mary Oliver. And I still can’t get over this website, Unsplash, “All photos published on Unsplash are licensed under Creative Commons Zero which means you can copy, modify, distribute and use the photos for free, including commercial purposes, without asking permission from or providing attribution to the photographer or Unsplash.” And the photos are amazing!
2. On simplifying from Paul Jarvis.
3. The New Normal: Pieces of Grief by Stephanie Wittels Wachs.
4. Every marketing challenge revolves around these questions from Seth Godin.
5. Addiction Is a Disease of Free Will.
6. Wisdom from Hafiz,
I wish I could show you
when you are lonely
or in darkness
the astonishing light
of your own being.
7. When You Feel Pressured and Overwhelmed by Possibilities on Tiny Buddha.
8. money talks with mary anne radmacher by Sherry Belul.
9. Good stuff from Chookooloonks this was a good week list: Portrait of a Quiet Conference Leader and Finding fulfillment.
10. “They tried to bury us. They didn’t know we were seeds.” ~Mexican proverb
11. YES! You Can Make Friends As An Adult! (And Exploding Other Limiting Beliefs), Shared on Rowdy Kittens Happy Links list.
12. The 19 Funniest Tweets From Women This Week. This series makes me laugh.
13. Wisdom from Chögyam Trungpa,
Being a buddha is not so much being a great scholar who knows all about everything and therefore is enlightened. Being a buddha, being enlightened, is actually being able to tune our mind into that state of being which already exists, which is already liberated, a long time ago.
14. The Dalai Lama’s Daily Routine and Information Diet on Brain Pickings.
15. Jon Stewart Blasts ‘A**hole’ Texas Officer For Pool Party Gone Bad.
16. Brittany Gibbons is the Bomb.
17. He Has A Bad Stutter, But When He Does His Stand Up Act, He’s A Star!
18. Why We Have to #SayHerName After McKinney.
19. Good stuff from Hello Giggles: Jemima Kirke just filled our lives with body positivity wisdom, and This 23-year-old is writing an Instagram memoir—and we’re already hooked, and Miley Cyrus’ ‘Nightmare’ is our new favorite breakup song, and Amy Schumer hilariously crashed this couple’s engagement photoshoot.
20. My plea to the Universe: Show me that I’m not alone from Andrea Scher.
21. How To Make Curly Hair With A T-Shirt.
22. Scientists Blow The Lid on Cancer & Sunscreen Myth.
23. Anne Lamott’s Comments About Caitlyn Jenner Are Just Plain Wrong.
24. Satisfying Arrangements Of Everyday Objects By Emily Blincoe on Bored Panda.
25. Truthbomb #818 from Danielle LaPorte, “(a prayer:) May my suffering be of service.”
26. Patient Japanese Man Takes Pet Giant Tortoise Out for Long Walks. I love how weird humans are, and I love that Eric liked this so much, he sent me the link twice not realizing he’d already sent it.
27. I Quit My Job Today. (And so can you!)
In the “real” world, it’s better to have loved and lost, tried and failed, dreamed and missed, than to sit out your turn in fear. Because the loss, the failure, and the miss, however painful, are merely temporary market adjustments, soon forgotten. Whereas the love, the adventure, and the dream are like investments that, for the rest of your life and beyond, never stop paying dividends.
29. Wisdom from Lao Tzu, “At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want.”
30. thrive portrait: kelly from Chookooloonks.
31. This Guy Singing ‘Build Me Up Buttercup’ With Strangers In Traffic Will Make You Smile. (Thanks for sharing, Shellie).
32. A Simple Guide to Making Better Decisions: Why Too Many People Get Paralyzed and What to Do Instead.
33. 5 Habits of Highly Effective Writers: Do these things today for a more productive and inspired writing life.
34. What’s next for me as a writer? on A Design So Vast.
35. sola dosis facit venenum from Rachel Cole.
36. The Gentle Path to a Simple Life from Be More With Less.
37. Wisdom from Brave Girls Club,
If you are in a time, beautiful friend, where you have done all that you can do…and now you must just wait…take heart. Don’t give up.
Sometimes all that you can do is wait for it to feel better, wait for a bad day to be over, wait for things to work themselves out.
Patience is hard to embrace, and practicing patience is hard to do. But patience teaches us tremendous lessons and rewards us with tremendous gifts. Patience makes us grow in ways that nothing else could. Most things that have lasting value come through doing difficult things.
Sometimes when you have done all that you can possibly do, you just have to wait.
Keep your heart open, keep believing what you believe. Keep your thoughts toward where you are headed, and how you WANT to feel, toward what is ahead. Do you best to learn in the moment. Do your very best.
Things will turn around, just like they always do. Life will work out, just like it always does. You will be through this before you know it.
38. 25 tips for (a delightfully old-fashioned) summer vacation.
39. 7 Amazing Quotes from David Sedaris’ Reddit AMA.
40. Cosette & Henri – A Story of Two Puppy Mill Dogs.
41. She was tired of just letting the depression consume her. So she set up her camera and took these.
42. Diane Sawyer Shares The ‘Genius’ Marriage Advice She’ll Never Forget (VIDEO).
43. Billy Bob Thornton Has ‘Never Trusted Happiness’ Since His Brother’s Death.
44. This 400 Sq Ft Cabin Is Cute, But Seeing The Inside…
45. Sanskrit Pronunciation of Yoga Poses.
46. 10 Photos of Interracial Couples Show the Impact of ‘Loving v. Virginia’ 48 Years Later.
47. 25 Portraits of American Indians You Might Not Have Seen (No Curtis!).