1. Tara Brach Reads from Mary Oliver’s “Dog Songs” on Brain Pickings.
2. Free mandala class part 1: Introduction and Doodling in a circle from Louise Gale. Oh how I’d love to spend some time sinking into this practice.
3. Alice Walker: Beauty in Truth an American Masters film available on PBS.com
6. 3 steps for achieving sophrosyne on Positively Present.
7. Baby Acting Crazy? It’s Probably a Case of JBBB on Huffington Post, which shares this wisdom,
Some parenting books are useful, but the danger of too much information is giving parents the impression that there’s very much that’s in their control.
It’s probably just a matter of convenience, but it truly helps me to remember that babies and young children are, basically, tiny insane people who make absolutely no sense.
8. In related news, 3-Year-Olds Are A**holes, also on Huffington Post.
9. Two beautiful pieces from Andrea on Superhero Life: Underneath the mess everything is marvelous. I’m sure of it. and Important-er than a diaper.
10. “We have art in order not to die from the truth.” ~ Nietzsche
12. I adore Jeff Oaks, specifically for things like this, “Be kind to yourself. It’s hard to be without a book to your name. It’s hard to feel left out of conversations by people you look at your name and move on. It has nothing to do with your worth. They have their own issues.”
13. This 4-Year-Old Makes Paper Dresses With Her Mom — And They Keep Getting More Amazing on Huffington Post.
15. The Greek Island Fantasy from Jen Louden.
16. 16 Habits Of Highly Sensitive People on Huffington Post. The only one I disagree with is the last one should have a work from home option.
17. Southern Corn Cakes recipe on My Mother’s Apron Strings. Look so yummy.
18. What Happens When You Put Two Pit Bulls In A Photo Booth from Bored Panda.
20. This Couple Spotted An Old Can While Walking Their Dog. You Will NEVER Guess What Was In It. Why doesn’t this kind of stuff ever happen to me?
21. creativeLIVE free course: Become a Better Communicator with Susan Piver.
22. 21 Truths About Meaningful Work from Create as Folk.
23. Binge Trance: Interrupted from Geneen Roth, which says “Live as if you deserve to be here, regardless of what you have just eaten. And know that every time you remind yourself that you belong here, regardless of what you weigh, you are speaking the truth.”
25. Here’s How Ann Handley (the World’s First Chief Content Officer) Writes on Copy Blogger, in which she says, “My most productive time of day seems to be between 10 a.m. and 10:20 a.m. every morning: I’m still caffeinated from the morning and not yet distracted by thoughts of lunch.”
26. Mary Lambert’s Tips For Staying Positive (Even On Really Bad Days) on BuzzFeed.
27. Wisdom from Isabel Foxen Duke, “What if the answer to feeling badly about yourself wasn’t losing 10lbs; what if the answer to feeling badly about yourself was a shift in perception?”