This post is a mashup of The Little Bliss List and Joy Jam, and as such is meant to celebrate: the little things that brought me hope and happiness this week, the sweet stuff of life, those small gifts that brought me joy this week. By sharing them, I not only make public my gratitude, but maybe also help you notice your own good stuff and send some positive energy out into the world.
1. Cooler temperatures, the beginning of Fall. Fall is my favorite time of year in Colorado, and this week has definitely been much cooler. I even wore a hat and gloves for the first part of our walk the other day (it was 49 degrees!). Yay for Fall!
2. Handmade zucchini bread with walnuts and homegrown peaches from friends. Yum. Good for the heart and the stomach.
3. Yoga. Good people, movement and practice that centers and settles my mind, softens my heart. I have one good friend in yoga who has cancer, who recently shaved her hair off, and in this morning’s class, when her “yoga husband” had to leave class early, and we were all telling him to have a good weekend, he walked over and kissed her on the top of the head. And later, when one woman was asking for dog sitter recommendations, another offered to keep her dog. This is the kind (kind) of good people I’m talking about.
4. Dexter’s experience. He’s doing what makes him happy, without too many interruptions, and I am so grateful for that.
5. Lots of good stuff to share with my Writing for the Web class. They might not get it right now, might find a way to be bored with even these things, but it might spark something, has at least the potential to inspire good stuff.
Bonus joy: relaxation of fear, releasing of panic. I don’t wake up every morning with my stomach hurting. I realize that might return when/if Dexter starts to get worse again, but for now, I feel okay. Sad and tender, still a little scared, but not sick with it.