We are at the point in the season when the leaves are falling like golden snow. The difference is that actual snow is quiet, lays a blanket of silence over everything. There’s a music to the leaves, their final moments still attached and their falling.
1. Privilege. Putting away clean dishes, loading dirty ones into my new dishwasher, folding clean laundry while listening to a Mike Birbiglia comedy album on Rhapsody using my smart phone which is connected to my wireless internet, taking a warm shower using my favorite soap, getting in my car which starts right up and driving to work, where I have a job.
2. A new shower curtain. I’m typically not too excited about that sort of thing, but I am really loving it, and somehow it helps me to see the new bathroom we’ll have someday.
3. Colorado Cell Dogs. This is what rehabilitation looks like.
4. A new album from Yuna, Nocturnal.
5. Fall colored Aspen leaves. I have never seen them turn any shade of red or orange, so I had to pick these up, collect them and take them with me.