This post started as a mashup of The Little Bliss List and Joy Jam, and as such is meant to celebrate: the little things that brought me hope and happiness this week, the sweet stuff of life, those small gifts that brought me joy this week. By sharing them, I not only make public my gratitude, but maybe also help you notice your own good stuff and send some positive energy out into the world.
1. Grapefruit juice and avocados. I am obsessed.
2. Paid sick leave, and a job where no one will die if I miss a few days.
3. Winter morning light. It really is amazing.
4. More snow. Only a tiny bit, but we’ll take what we can get.
5. TV that makes me laugh. My favorites are 30 Rock (*sob*), Community, Modern Family, Parks & Recreation, The Mindy Project, New Girl, and The Office.
Bonus Joy: Another week with Dexter. All I can guess is that maybe we caught this really early, the anti-inflammatory is working to slow the tumor down, and/or his might be the one kind of nasal tumor that is slow growing to begin with. Whatever the reason, it means extra time for us to be together, and in the end I don’t care why, I’m just really grateful.