1. Morning walks. I’m in charge of all the walking for the next few days while Eric is in Oregon visiting with his parents. I’m so grateful my knees are doing better and I can walk without completely wrecking myself.
2. Blooms. Our vegetable garden did not love the cool, wet, long spring we had, but the flowers and strawberries sure did.
3. Being able to rest. Just when I think I’m starting to get my energy back, I get knocked flat again. Burnout is no joke.
4. Practice and joyful movement. These are the two things I can consistently do, and are helping me to feel better.
5. My tiny family. Even though he’s not here, I can text Eric whenever I want, and the boys have been good company.
Bonus joy: Good food, going to bed early, good TV (watching HGTV’s Good Bones), a big glass of cold clean water, Ricola Lemon Mint throat drops, Wild Writing with Laurie and Mikalina and Chloe’, getting a tour of Carrie’s garden, knowing I can even when it’s hard, teaching yoga, aqua aerobics, sitting in the sauna, Pilates, air conditioning.