1. Meditation: Sitting with Your Basic Goodness from Zen Habits.
2. Good stuff from Lion’s Roar: Is Buddhism a religion, philosophy, way of life, or science of mind?, and Where Buddhism & Yoga Meet, and How to Meditate Every Day, and How to Start a Home Meditation Practice.
3. On Trend: Make Mine Green on SF Girl.
4. How To Protect Yourself From Other People’s Negative Emotions.
6. Nike’s Plus Size Mannequins Uncover the Truth About Weight Stigma from Dances with Fat.
7. 4 Struggles Of Being The Only INFJ In Your Family.
8. 7 Things Standing Between You and Joy on Be More With Less.
9. You Will Never Get The Truth Out Of A Narcissist.
10. I work in the environmental movement. I don’t care if you recycle. “Stop obsessing over your environmental ‘sins.’ Fight the oil and gas industry instead.”
11. 40 Rare Photos of Prince Defining Cool Through the Decades. “A tribute to the late music icon on what would have been his 61st birthday.”
12. Opting out of black trauma: Why I couldn’t finish When They See Us.
13. The Last Black Man in San Francisco | Official Trailer HD. This looks so good.
14. strawberries and cream biscuits, a recipe from Smitten Kitchen that I tried yesterday with strawberries from our garden — it was so good.
15. 5 Arrested After Homophobic Attack On London Bus. In related news, Five Arrested in London Bus Attack on Two Lesbians on The New York Times, and Parents Completely Disown Their Daughter After Discovering She Is A Lesbian.
16. UN official blasts US abortion laws as ‘gender-based violence against women’.
17. How Society Gaslights Survivors of Narcissists, Sociopaths, and Psychopaths (A Guide for Therapists, Law Enforcement and Loved Ones).
18. Smash the Wellness Industry on The New York Times. “Why are so many smart women falling for its harmful, pseudoscientific claims?”
19. Watch this congressional candidate prove it’s faster to buy an assault rifle than a cup of coffee. (video)
20. Just So We’re Clear: Black Mothers Aren’t to Blame for High Infant Mortality.
21. American hunter in viral photo of slain giraffe is “proud to hunt.” IMHO, hHunting simply for sport, for trophies, is gross.
22. ICE Agents Left 5-Year-Old Children in a Parked Van for 39 Hours. “And the federal government will no longer fund English classes or legal aid for unaccompanied minors.” In related news, Trump Administration Cancels English Classes, Soccer, Ping-Pong, Legal Aid for Migrant Children in U.S. Shelters.
23. Trading the Noisy Gay Bar Scene for the Knitting Circle on The New York Times. “Many gay men in New York are looking for alternative ways to socialize. A look at the surprising revival of the knitting circle.”
24. Why You Can’t Ever Call an Enslaved Woman a “Mistress.”
25. The Case Against Hope from Roxane Gay on The New York Times. “I’m not trying to depress anyone — especially recent graduates — but things are really bad, and what we need to do is act.”
26. Students Come Up With An Ingenious And Funny Graph To Stop People From Feeding Their Overweight Campus Cat.
27. For farmers, record flooding and a wet spring mean many fields can’t be planted.
28. This woman’s hilarious video about ‘straight pride’ is so funny even straight people are sharing it.
29. As The First Black Woman To Own A Colorado Cannabis Dispensary, Here’s Why I’m Supporting Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand’s Marijuana Legalization Plan.
30. Alabama Mayor Suggests ‘Killing Out’ the LGBTQ Community in Deleted Facebook Post. This headline is a bit misleading. What he actually said is “We live in a society where homosexuals lecture us on morals, transvestites lecture us on human biology, baby killers lecture us on human rights and socialists lecture us on economics!…The only way to change it would be to kill the problem out. I know it’s bad to say but with out [sic] killing them out there’s no way to fix it.”
31. Swimming May Slow Down Aging By Decades. In what feels like related news, Gardening could be the hobby that helps you live to 100.
32. So, Sam Oosterhoff, you want to make abortion ‘unthinkable’? Here’s where to start.
33. Having a full-fledged conversation with Daddy. (video) This is so cute, I can’t stop watching it.
34. This transgender pastor started his own church in the South. (video)
35. German Circus Uses Holograms Instead Of Live Animals For A Cruelty-Free Magical Experience.
36. What do you see when you look at black boys? The cast of Ava DuVernay’s “When They See Us” weighs in. (video)
37. 30 Of The Funniest Dog Thoughts That Dog Owners Will Understand Too Well.