1. Meditation: Sitting with Your Basic Goodness from Zen Habits.
2. Good stuff from Lion’s Roar: Is Buddhism a religion, philosophy, way of life, or science of mind?, and Where Buddhism & Yoga Meet, and How to Meditate Every Day, and How to Start a Home Meditation Practice.
3. On Trend: Make Mine Green on SF Girl.
6. Nike’s Plus Size Mannequins Uncover the Truth About Weight Stigma from Dances with Fat.
8. 7 Things Standing Between You and Joy on Be More With Less.
10. I work in the environmental movement. I don’t care if you recycle. “Stop obsessing over your environmental ‘sins.’ Fight the oil and gas industry instead.”
11. 40 Rare Photos of Prince Defining Cool Through the Decades. “A tribute to the late music icon on what would have been his 61st birthday.”
13. The Last Black Man in San Francisco | Official Trailer HD. This looks so good.
14. strawberries and cream biscuits, a recipe from Smitten Kitchen that I tried yesterday with strawberries from our garden — it was so good.
15. 5 Arrested After Homophobic Attack On London Bus. In related news, Five Arrested in London Bus Attack on Two Lesbians on The New York Times, and Parents Completely Disown Their Daughter After Discovering She Is A Lesbian.
18. Smash the Wellness Industry on The New York Times. “Why are so many smart women falling for its harmful, pseudoscientific claims?”
21. American hunter in viral photo of slain giraffe is “proud to hunt.” IMHO, hHunting simply for sport, for trophies, is gross.
22. ICE Agents Left 5-Year-Old Children in a Parked Van for 39 Hours. “And the federal government will no longer fund English classes or legal aid for unaccompanied minors.” In related news, Trump Administration Cancels English Classes, Soccer, Ping-Pong, Legal Aid for Migrant Children in U.S. Shelters.
23. Trading the Noisy Gay Bar Scene for the Knitting Circle on The New York Times. “Many gay men in New York are looking for alternative ways to socialize. A look at the surprising revival of the knitting circle.”
25. The Case Against Hope from Roxane Gay on The New York Times. “I’m not trying to depress anyone — especially recent graduates — but things are really bad, and what we need to do is act.”
30. Alabama Mayor Suggests ‘Killing Out’ the LGBTQ Community in Deleted Facebook Post. This headline is a bit misleading. What he actually said is “We live in a society where homosexuals lecture us on morals, transvestites lecture us on human biology, baby killers lecture us on human rights and socialists lecture us on economics!…The only way to change it would be to kill the problem out. I know it’s bad to say but with out [sic] killing them out there’s no way to fix it.”
31. Swimming May Slow Down Aging By Decades. In what feels like related news, Gardening could be the hobby that helps you live to 100.
33. Having a full-fledged conversation with Daddy. (video) This is so cute, I can’t stop watching it.