1. Cry Today, Smile Tomorrow my new favorite song by Anthony Ramos. In related news, Mars’ Song From ‘She’s Gotta Have It’ Season 2 Confirms That Anthony Ramos Was Born For The Stage.
2. Here’s What Gets Each Introverted Myers-Briggs Type Red-Hot Motivated. What it says about my type, INFJ, sounds pretty accurate.
Nothing is more motivating to INFJs than making a difference in someone’s life. Like the ISFJ, they are drawn to help others in need, whether it’s just a friend having a bad day, or someone going through a true crisis. Where the ISFJ tends to focus on immediate care, however, the INFJ starts looking at patterns: How can we make things better overall?
This taps into an INFJ’s intuitive knack for psychology: They tend to quickly see why a person is doing what they’re doing, what they really want, and what they could do differently to get it. It also builds on their desire to see large, systemic change for the better — looking at the forest, so to speak, in order to care for the trees.
Together, these talents give them a reputation for insight and wisdom, and it’s when that can be of service to others that they truly feel passionate and at their best.
3. Animal Sculptures Comprised of Densely Rolled Newspaper by Artist Chie Hitotsuyama.
4. Who cares if I get anywhere? Wisdom from Austin Kleon.
5. Delay of Harriet Tubman $20 bill undergirded by racism, misogyny.
6. On Running, And Writing, And How A Little Becomes A Lot from Chuck Wendig on Terrible Minds.
7. The Central Park Five: ‘We Were Just Baby Boys’ on The New York Times.
8. I Spent Fifteen Years in an Abusive Relationship with Weight Watchers.
9. The Supreme Court’s Latest Ruling Makes It Easier for Cops to Arrest Black Lives Matter Protesters.
10. What We Know About The Virginia Beach Mass Shooting Victims.
11. Lab Owner Arrested for Falsifying Results of Drug Tests. Why?!
12. Protester takes mic from Kamala Harris while onstage at event. Fuck this guy, his privilege and his man bun. This thread on Twitter is great, includes a video that shows a black woman scolding him for what he did.
13. Toxic environments make people sick, make projects fail, and make best employees quit.
14. People-pleasing can be a result of trauma. It’s called ‘fawning’ — here’s how to recognize it.
15. What To Read When Women’s Bodies Are Under Attack. In other reading list news, An Antiracist Reading List on The New York Times.
16. Love Finds Ali Wong And Randall Park In ‘Always Be My Maybe’, which is streaming on Netflix. Every time I watch a movie like this I think to myself, “see, how hard was that?” I’m so glad there are so many new content providers, making movies with characters we want to see, proving the big studios wrong when they claim to make the movies people want as they make the same white male centered bullshit over and over again.
17. Put down the self-help books. Resilience is not a DIY endeavour.
18. Honoring the Roots of Yoga.
19. You may never know how your small gesture can entirely change someone’s day. (video)
20. The Radical Plan to Save the Planet by Working Less. “The degrowth movement wants to intentionally shrink the economy to address climate change, and create lives with less stuff, less work, and better well-being. But is it a utopian fantasy?”
21. Guy Takes Pictures Of Car License Plates Outside Planned Parenthood To Later ‘Educate’ Women At Their Homes. This is so violent!
22. The lies diet culture taught me that I no longer believe from Melissa Toler.
23. 10,000 Steps A Day? How Many You Really Need To Boost Longevity.
24. Teasing Kids About Their Weight May Make Them Gain More.
25. Trans activists Marsha P. Johnson and Sylvia Rivera to get New York monument.
26. ‘Nap Bishop’ Tricia Hersey Is Spreading the Gospel of Rest. In related news, The Atlanta Nap Ministry preaches the liberating power of rest.
27. Why Judging People for Buying Unhealthy Food Is Classist. This article is a few years old, but still worth a read.
28. ‘It’s Okay to Be White’ T-Shirts Yanked After Being Accused of Promoting ‘Intolerance, Racism and Division’. What willful ignorance looks like.
29. #PicnickingWhileBlack: Pistol-Packing White Woman Pulls Gun on Black Couple. Because walking your dog or having a picnic where it’s not allowed is something worth shooting someone over?! People like this should lose their right to own firearms legally. At least she lost her job for it.
30. Partygoers left 20,000 lbs of trash on this beach during Memorial Day weekend. (video) This is why we can’t have nice things…
31. More Than Patriotism on Their Sleeves: Military Patches Sport Trump Likeness on The New York Times.
32. Extending ‘Zero Tolerance’ To People Who Help Migrants Along The Border.
33. So Far, $1.57 Billion for Wall Yields 1.7 Miles of Fence.
34. We Don’t Need Self-Care; We Need Boundaries. This is focused on the medical profession but applies everywhere.