1. Cry Today, Smile Tomorrow my new favorite song by Anthony Ramos. In related news, Mars’ Song From ‘She’s Gotta Have It’ Season 2 Confirms That Anthony Ramos Was Born For The Stage.
2. Here’s What Gets Each Introverted Myers-Briggs Type Red-Hot Motivated. What it says about my type, INFJ, sounds pretty accurate.
Nothing is more motivating to INFJs than making a difference in someone’s life. Like the ISFJ, they are drawn to help others in need, whether it’s just a friend having a bad day, or someone going through a true crisis. Where the ISFJ tends to focus on immediate care, however, the INFJ starts looking at patterns: How can we make things better overall?
This taps into an INFJ’s intuitive knack for psychology: They tend to quickly see why a person is doing what they’re doing, what they really want, and what they could do differently to get it. It also builds on their desire to see large, systemic change for the better — looking at the forest, so to speak, in order to care for the trees.
Together, these talents give them a reputation for insight and wisdom, and it’s when that can be of service to others that they truly feel passionate and at their best.
4. Who cares if I get anywhere? Wisdom from Austin Kleon.
6. On Running, And Writing, And How A Little Becomes A Lot from Chuck Wendig on Terrible Minds.
7. The Central Park Five: ‘We Were Just Baby Boys’ on The New York Times.
12. Protester takes mic from Kamala Harris while onstage at event. Fuck this guy, his privilege and his man bun. This thread on Twitter is great, includes a video that shows a black woman scolding him for what he did.
16. Love Finds Ali Wong And Randall Park In ‘Always Be My Maybe’, which is streaming on Netflix. Every time I watch a movie like this I think to myself, “see, how hard was that?” I’m so glad there are so many new content providers, making movies with characters we want to see, proving the big studios wrong when they claim to make the movies people want as they make the same white male centered bullshit over and over again.
20. The Radical Plan to Save the Planet by Working Less. “The degrowth movement wants to intentionally shrink the economy to address climate change, and create lives with less stuff, less work, and better well-being. But is it a utopian fantasy?”
22. The lies diet culture taught me that I no longer believe from Melissa Toler.
27. Why Judging People for Buying Unhealthy Food Is Classist. This article is a few years old, but still worth a read.
28. ‘It’s Okay to Be White’ T-Shirts Yanked After Being Accused of Promoting ‘Intolerance, Racism and Division’. What willful ignorance looks like.
29. #PicnickingWhileBlack: Pistol-Packing White Woman Pulls Gun on Black Couple. Because walking your dog or having a picnic where it’s not allowed is something worth shooting someone over?! People like this should lose their right to own firearms legally. At least she lost her job for it.
30. Partygoers left 20,000 lbs of trash on this beach during Memorial Day weekend. (video) This is why we can’t have nice things…
31. More Than Patriotism on Their Sleeves: Military Patches Sport Trump Likeness on The New York Times.
34. We Don’t Need Self-Care; We Need Boundaries. This is focused on the medical profession but applies everywhere.