1. Everything is Alive. “Everything is Alive is an unscripted interview show in which all the subjects are inanimate objects. In each episode, a different thing tells us its life story–and everything it says is true.” This might just be the weirdest podcast I’ve ever listened to.
2. Talking About Privilege — With Catrice M. Jackson on the Dear Sugars podcast. While we are at it, let’s listen to this one too, Trust Your Body — With Hilary Kinavey & Dana Sturtevant.
3. How Afflicted Manipulates Facts, Omits Evidence, and Insinuates Lies to Discredit Chronic Physical Illnesses. I watched this docu-series and thought it was fascinating. I went into it knowing these kinds of illness (chemical sensitivity, Lyme disease, electromagnetic sensitivity, chronic fatigue) are confusing for everyone – those seeking treatment, those attempting to provide it, and everyone else supporting those efforts. How awful to have a chronic condition, how much worse to not be able to find any reliable help for it and to have people not even believe you.
4. Ugh… Buddhist Project Sunshine Phase 3 Final Report. In related news, Buddhist teacher quit Shambhala in ‘protest’ before his own sexual misconduct allegation went public and TarcherPerigee Drops Accused Buddhist Author’s Book, and Against the Stream confirms sexual misconduct by Noah Levine; centers to shut down.
6. Ethan Nichtern – The Road Home – Ep. 2 – Kate Johnson “Ethan sits down with Kate Johnson for a conversation around dharmic social action, compassionate communication and practicing different modalities of mindfulness and meditation.”
13. White man, 60, is arrested after urinating on black girl, five, and shouting racial slur in an alley behind her Michigan home. In related news, Prosecutors Say Story of White Man Peeing on 5-Year-Old Black Girl Was Fabricated.
14. Bear Wanders Through Lobby Of Stanley Hotel. (video)
15. A racist white woman just hit a parked car without stopping. (video) “When confronted by the middle eastern driver, she used racism to intimidate him and threaten to call the police.”
16. When toddlers are quiet, too quiet… (video) At least it’s not poop?
18. Dalmatian deer. (video)
21. White Kansas City Security Guard Placed on Leave After Asking Black Bartender to Make a ‘Trayvon Martini.’ In related news, Restaurant Serves Drink Called ‘The Tuskegee Experiment,’ the Evilest, Most Racist Cocktail Ever.
32. Dogs helping. (video)
33. Girl gets kicked out of school for her hair style. (video) Her hair is beautiful. These kinds of policies are racist. It’s just that simple.
37. This Man Has Such A “Dim View” Of Female Drivers That He Shoots Them, Police Say. “The 29-year-old called it ‘self defense,’ but Texas authorities say his Facebook posts tell another story.”
38. Husky in “step” motion. (video)
39. Local yoga studio offers sacred space for lost and weary. This is my friend, Jessica. She’s amazing.
40. 7 dorm-friendly microwave meals, PLUS a microwave cleaning hack. (video) I don’t live in a dorm, but these are the kind of meals that would make a good quick lunch in a pinch.
44. Fuzzy Little Lamb Is Nonstop Chaos. (video) Little but Fierce is one of my favorite pages on Facebook.
45. “My dog makes this face every time I come home”. (video)