1. Poems of Protest, Resistance, and Empowerment, a special collection from the Poetry Foundation. #NationalPoetryMonth
2. A white mob wiped this all-black Florida town off the map.
3. The Suffering of Busyness on Lion’s Roar.
4. How to keep going, a talk by Austin Kleon at Bond in San Francisco. “It’s a list of 10 things that have helped me stay creative in such chaotic times.”
5. Baffled by Conceptual Art? So Are Will Ferrell and Joel McHale in This Museum’s Short Film.
6. The Time for Art Is Now. “Art has the power to alter our interior selves, and in so doing to inspire, exhilarate, provoke, connect, and rouse us. As we are changed, our souls are awakened to possibility—immeasurable, yes, and potentially infinite. If ever there was a time for art, it’s now.”
7. “Do The Thing?” — An FAQ About Doing The Thing from Chuck Wendig on Terrible Minds.
8. I Revised These Popular Feminist Articles and Now They’re Troll-Proof, “A guide to spotting and dealing with tone policing.”
9. What I Tell Myself When I’m Feeling Down by the amazing Laurie Wagner.
10. The Internet Is Obsessed With This Puppy With Mickey Mouse Ears, And Her Photos Will Make Your Day. She doesn’t even seem real.
11. To The White Woman I Can No Longer Be Friends With.
12. Black Lives Matter Cofounder Patrisse Khan-Cullors Is Only Getting Started. “We talked to the activist about her new memoir, #MeToo, and the importance of self-care when you’re pushing for major change.”
13. Recipe I want to try, that’s actually from eight years ago, but still…spinach and chickpeas.
14. We can’t ignore race in the tragic story of Devonte Hart and his white adoptive mothers. In related news, Withering Under the White Gaze: The Hart Family Tragedy.
15. King’s Mountaintop, 50 Years Later. (video)
16. Protesters at NYC Stephon Clark Protest Discuss the Relationship Between Gun Violence and Race. (video)
17. Popular Life Coach Tony Robbins Tried to Mansplain #MeToo—and Movement Founder Tarana Burke Responded. She is an amazing woman. He is a tool. In related news, Anthony Robbins, where have you been?
18. “SNL”: T’Challa struggles to compete on “Black Jeopardy.”
19. A haunting underwater choreography, dedicated to all the women of the world. (video)
20. This too-relatable SNL commercial for Pro-Chiller Leggings makes us wish we could buy them for real. *tee-hee*
21. 5 Truths About White Privilege for White People from John Pavlovitz.
22. WATCH: “Out Again” | #ShortFilmSundays (video) “Cat visits her parents for the weekend and is confronted with her mother’s inability to remember one key detail. Written by and staring Robin Cloud.” Check out the rest of Issa Rae Presents YouTube channel. There’s some really great stuff on there.