This post started as a mashup of The Little Bliss List and Joy Jam, and as such is meant to celebrate: the little things that brought me hope and happiness this week, the sweet stuff of life, those small gifts that brought me joy this week. By sharing them, I not only make public my gratitude, but maybe also help you notice your own good stuff and send some positive energy out into the world.
1. Books. I just finished The One and Only Ivan and A Kiss Before You Go. I am still reading Living Beautifully with Uncertainty and Change, Help Thanks Wow, and Radical Acceptance, and plan to start The Wishing Year later today. And, I just bought Crazy Sexy Diet and preordered Natalie Goldberg’s new book, The True Secret of Writing. I love reading.
2. 27 Days: Writing Prompts to Grow Your Powers!. I don’t really have time to do this right now, but I miss Laurie, miss being in a class with her, miss her constant and vibrant voice and support, and a few other friends signed up, so even though I might be collecting these and doing them on a much slower schedule, I’m in. I love Laurie and writing.
3. New Girl. This show makes me laugh, and if you can make me laugh, I love you instantly and madly. I love Zooey Deschanel.
4. Signs of Spring. It was sunny and so warm yesterday, and tomorrow it’s supposed to snow at least six inches. I love spring in Colorado.
5. The Red Table, and the sweetest friend to sit there with. I love Yay Turkey and Chloe’.
Bonus Joy: Another week with Dexter. Even at almost ten years old, with cancer and a knee injury, he’s still living a good life and happy to be here. I love Dexter.