Don’t ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. ~Howard Thurman
- World Domination Summit (WDS) is this weekend!!! I have been looking forward to this for a very long time, and there are things I have the chance to do there that I couldn’t have even imagined when I bought my ticket. I am also approaching it as an opportunity to remain calm, care for myself, respect my limitations, practice awareness and mindfulness, to be confident, surrender and let go. My mantra is “This is me. I have enough. I am enough.”
- Congregation: the crazy awesome results of being amidst world-changing people, a post on Scoutie Girl by Tara Gentile about WDS.
- Regrets of the Dying (and other possibilities for life) by Sandi at Deva Coaching.
- When you don’t want to belong from Jennifer Louden. Have I said lately how much I adore this woman? I’m hoping at WDS to have the chance to tell her, (hopefully without freaking out, or throwing up on her shoes).
- Ease Into Health With Green Juice and Smoothies on Be More With Less. Apparently, Courtney Carver’s badassness has no limits, and as soon as I get back home to Colorado, I am getting serious about doing the juice thing I’ve been talking about for months.
- Tammy at Rowdy Kittens is quitting sugar, which she explains in her post An Ode to Sugar. She and Courtney Carver are like this badass super duo instigating all kinds of crazy change in my life. Juicing, then giving up sugar!
- An Open Letter to Mean People Everywhere by Lissa Rankin. I write lots of open love letters, but someone needed to write this one too.
- How to Be Creative, a manifesto from Hugh MccLeod. I love a good manifesto, and I love Hugh, so it’s a win, win.
- 50 Inspirational Quotes to Power Up Your Inner Badass on Kind Over Matter. So much wisdom here. One of my favorites is this: I think everybody’s weird. We should all celebrate our individuality
and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it. ~Johnny Depp
50 Ways to Open Your World to New Possibilities on Tiny Buddha.
- 5 Ways to Be Present This Summer on The Change Blog. I’d like to suggest we apply this list to all four seasons.
- For all the beautiful young writers & artists trying to ‘figure it all out’ on Unicorns for Socialism. Alex Franzen is one flaming brilliant badass, and in this post, she proves it once again. You don’t have to be young to benefit from this wisdom:
LOTS of things.
Don’t get attached to obvious titles or tracks.
Examine your feelings.
See what lights you up.
Do more of that, and less of the other shit.
Repeat for approximately 100 years.
- This is it from Jonathan Fields. This is it, that is all. Amen.
- Lumps, a great post from Pamela at Walking on My Hands.
- And finally this: a wish that you look up or out today and see something this beautiful, whatever that might be for you–the smile on a face you love, rain where there had been too little, a new bloom, a fresh berry, a soft feather, a heart-shaped rock, your solid house with its open door, or your own brilliant reflection reminding you that you are alive, and therefore free.