1. Morning walks. The moon was out this week and we went early. It was so quiet and the light was gorgeous. It was also very cold and one day was so windy we stayed close to home, making loops around our neighborhood so if it got worse we could get home fast.
2. Canceled plans. I am still not fully functional, after my hospital stay and then COVID and then a colonoscopy, which means my schedule has to look a lot different than usual. Old me would push through, keep all the appointments and commitments I’d made at the expense of my health and wellbeing. I don’t do that anymore. If we had plans but I really feel like I need a nap, the nap is going to win.
3. Clean sheets. I’m going to take a shower after a few more loads of laundry and then take a nap, so I made sure to put clean sheets on the bed this morning. It’s one of the ways I take care of myself where the impact far outweighs the effort.
4. Ringo. I let him pick another toy from the box I gave him for Christmas and he was very happy. I’m happy because we’ve gotten a lot of play out of it without too much damage. Ringo can be really hard on toys so when we get something he hasn’t had before there’s no way to know if it will have staying power, but this one took a whole three days to lose its squeak and he hasn’t quite figured out how to shred it yet.
5. My tiny family, tiny home, tiny life. I can tell from the pictures I have to share this week that I was tired, didn’t do as much, because it’s all pictures of our walk and of Ringo sleeping — two of my favorite things, no matter how I’m feeling. And Eric is my favorite always — the way he takes care of me, the way he makes me laugh, the way he loves me, the way he humors my need for many many hugs and sitting on the couch together doing nothing.
Bonus joy: Beaver’s Market, grocery fuel points, having easy access to so many things because of the internet, stickers, birds in the feeder, a warm shower, the hydromassage chair, the pool, sitting in the sauna with Eric, training with Shelby and the gang, listening to podcasts and audiobooks, watching TV, baking, eating what I bake, cooking with Eric, peanut butter, a big glass of clean cold water, green tea, matcha lemonade, naan, a new notebook, bilateral beats, having met my insurance deductible so basically everything I have to do until the end of June is covered, wool socks, clean pjs, lemon, lime, oranges, raspberries, roasted veggies, napping, down blankets and pillows, prescription glasses, vaccines and masks and prescription medication, heat when it’s cold and a/c when it’s hot, other people’s dogs and kids, reading in bed at night while Eric and Ringo sleep.