1. Morning walks. This week we saw some herons and a baby beaver but the geese and ducks are still hiding their babies. The river is fast and full from snow melt so we rerouted a few times because it was spilling over onto some of the trails we usually walk.
2. Good friends and neighbors. I am a highly sensitive introvert and my favorite thing is to stay home, but that makes the few people I love and trust even more important to me. This week it was making art with Calyx and having our next door neighbors who are moving over for dinner and joyful movement with my gym buddies.
3. Our lilacs. This is one of the only years they haven’t been immediately destroyed by a big storm, and they were glorious.
4. Consuming content. Reading books, watching TV and movies, listening to podcasts and music. All of it makes me so happy.
5. My tiny family, tiny home, tiny life. Eric is on summer vacation and it’s nice to have him home, not so tired or busy, even though it means Ringo doesn’t sleep as much during the day so he’s tired and sometimes that is like having a toddler who didn’t take their nap.
Bonus joy: cancelled plans, crossing off stuff on my to-do list, our whole house fan, sitting in the back yard with Ringo and Eric, having a clean house and good leftovers as a result of inviting people over for dinner, the lasagna Eric made last night, all the color now that things are budding out and blooming, a warm shower, clean sheets, a massage, being retired, the hydromassage chair, the sauna, the pool, small group training with Shelby, masks and vaccines, health insurance, raspberries and strawberries, granola, fine tip pens, watercolors, trash service, naps, texting, reading in bed at night while Ringo and Eric sleep.