1. Morning walks. Ringo has been on light duty because of a muscle strain and a sore elbow so we are only going two miles in the morning, which allows us to go to a few places we don’t normally because there’s usually not enough trail. This morning it was Red Fox Meadows Natural Area, a really pretty spot right in the middle of town.
2. Cancelled plans. I don’t always love the reasons (like a new mom who is so exhausted she feels sick) but I appreciate the space and ease that comes from taking something off my calendar.
3. Practice. It’s a particular type of poetry some days.
4. Our garden. Right now, we are harvesting more zucchini, cucumbers, basil, and lettuce than we can eat, and I love it. I made this chocolate zucchini bread yesterday — so easy and so good.
5. My tiny family, my tiny house, my tiny life. I am so lucky.
Bonus joy: a surprise massage, getting in the pool, sitting in the sauna with Eric, training with Shelby, seeing Chloe’ and her family and feeding them, writing and hanging out with Calyx, lunch with Carrie, rain, the smell of cumin, cucumber salad, onion buns, gummy vitamins, naps, listening to podcasts while I cook, pay day, clean laundry, clean sheets, a big glass of clean cold water, vaccines, a/c, down blankets and pillows, fans, TV, reading in bed at night while Ringo and Eric sleep.