1. Morning walks. I miss the river, but I also like walking through the neighborhoods, and am so grateful we live where we do, one mile from Lee Martinez Park and one mile from City Park, one by the river and one by a lake.
2. The pool. It feels so good to be in the water, and such a surprise to have found this joy later in my life, after years of being afraid and avoiding it.
3. Practice. We are on “summer break” from our Friday morning Wild Writing, so I’m grateful that Calyx and I practice together every Tuesday, summer or not. I miss not having the ocean view when I meditate, but there’s something so cozy about my practice room at home. And even though I could go back to the studio, I’m still enjoying taking Jamie’s Sunday morning class in my pjs in my own living room.
4. Our garden. It’s especially wild this year, and I love it. Other than the flowers, fruit, and vegetables it gives us, I’m so happy it’s a habitat for birds and bugs too, that it feeds more than just us.
5. My tiny family, my tiny house, my tiny life. I am especially enjoying the quiet and ease of my life right now. I have everything I ever wanted and I know how lucky I am.
Bonus joy: Dot’s Honey Mustard Pretzels, daisies, videos of Sam, marionberry jam, lettuce and cucumbers and zucchini from our garden, sitting in the sauna with Eric, soft green grass, butterflies, hummingbirds, reading books, watching TV, listening to podcasts, clean sheets, roasted sweet potatoes, taking naps, hanging out with Calyx, texting with Chloe’ and my mom and brother, the way Ringo goes outside and lounges in the sun until he’s too hot and then comes inside to lounge until he cools off and then goes back outside until he gets too hot and so on and so on all day long, working out with Eric and Shelby, reading in bed at night while Ringo and Eric sleep.