1. Morning walks. Some of the things we saw: a “fogbow,” three herons, a goose family with three baby geese, and a dude loudly playing his music while taking a bath in the river at 6 am.
2. Eric and Ringo hiking together. I’m glad Eric has the time now and that he has Ringo to go with him.
3. Practice. It’s been especially helpful these past few days, which are the one year anniversary of when we found out Sam had cancer and we lost him. I am grateful for the life we had with Sam and the memories we have of him now, and I also miss him and am so sad he’s gone.
4. Peonies. Because they came from the nursery, the ones I just planted for Sam and Angela have bloomed already, and the other four plants are going to have a TON of blooms this year.
5. My tiny family, my tiny house, my tiny life. I am content, comfortable, stable and safe. It’s everything I ever wanted.
Bonus joy: getting a haircut (my first in two years!), pay day, homemade Big Macs and tater tots, sunshine, afternoon thunderstorms, iris blooms, rhubarb, music (I am currently loving Joy Oladokun, so good), books (I just finished Mexican Gothic and it was really good), podcasts (the good thing about finding a popular podcast four years after it started is you can listen to one every day, can binge it instead of having to wait until a new episode is released), TV (this season of Breeders was heartbreaking and so good), clean laundry, a warm shower, rainier cherries, toast with butter and marionberry & current jam my aunt made, a sleepy dog, hanging out and writing with Calyx, texting with my mom and brother and Chloe’, yard time, aqua aerobics, sitting in the sauna with Eric, Wild Writing with my Friday morning sangha, napping, that corner of the couch, reading in bed at night while Eric and Ringo sleep.