1. Lilac blooms. Yesterday, I was thinking about how the lilacs always remind me of Kelly, because eleven years ago (today, in fact), the lilacs were blooming as she was leaving.
2. More snow. Which means more green. So much green.
3. Practice. Again, in particular writing — writing with Calyx, Wild Writing on Friday mornings with Laurie and the rest of my writing sangha, reading books about writing, writing in my notebook in the morning with a hot cup of coffee in front of my HappyLight, learning to write a book as I’m trying to write a book.
4. Morning walks. Because Eric’s semester is winding down, coming to a close, he came with us yesterday, which meant we took turns walking “the dog.” The river is still running full and fast, and everything is turning so green after the rain and the snow earlier in the week.
5. My tiny house, my tiny family, my tiny life. It will be so nice to get to spend even more time with them this summer.
Bonus joy: Catching myself say “this is my favorite time of the day” more than once during a single day, getting in the pool, sitting in the sauna, laughing with Eric, sitting in the backyard and lounging with Ringo and Eric, having all the laundry done, hanging out with Calyx, texting with Mom and Chris and Chloe’, vaccinations, good TV (just watched the final season of Shrill and really wish there were going to be more), listening to podcasts, good books (I’m reading Geek Love and it is both creepy and wonderful), music, poetry, sunshine, green soft grass, clean water, berries, blooms, being retired, good neighbors, naps, reading in bed at night while Ringo and Eric sleep.