2. The Wind. A beautifully written, brutal short story.
8. DoesTheDogDie.com “Crowdsourced emotional spoilers for movies, tv, books and more.”
10. A shortened history of fat liberation. “I’ve been hearing people talk about fat liberation recently as if it’s a brand new thing that was just invented. That couldn’t be further from the truth.”
13. Chasing the cool kids from Seth Godin.
14. They Say This Isn’t America. For Most Of Us, It Is. “Why do we keep telling ourselves the same stories about this country?”
15. Good stuff from Lion’s Roar: The Buddha on Zoom (“As the leader of one of the most important studies of human happiness, Dr. Robert Waldinger knows how essential it is to feel we are part of a community. In this time of separation, he offers five ways to keep our connection alive”), and 5 Practices for Nurturing Happiness (“‘The essence of our practice can be described as transforming suffering into happiness,’ says Thich Nhat Hanh. Here, he offers five practices to nourish our happiness daily), and The Trauma of an American Untouchable (“Arisika Razak shares her reflections on trauma, oppression, and healing the wounds of racism”), and When Sadness Rages Like Fire (“Pema Khandro Rinpoche shares the life of the Tibetan yogi Shabkar, whose practice and teachings were inseparable from loss and grief”), and How to Work with Anxiety on the Path of Liberation (“Anxiety is actually a necessary part of our path. Psychotherapist Bruce Tift gives an instruction in how to relate to it constructively”).
17. Let’s Stop Apologizing for These 10 Things by Courtney Carver on Be More With Less.
18. Gaslighting phrases you aren’t paying attention to. “It’s not always easy to spot the gaslighters in our lives. Here are some of the phrases you should look out for.”
19. On Cancel Culture, Accountability, and Transformative Justice. “adrienne maree brown Considers a New Method of Care and Community-Building.”
21. Banning White Supremacy Isn’t Censorship, It’s Accountability. “Claiming that deplatforming racists violates First Amendment rights shows a distorted understanding of how speech, race, and power work online.”
22. Teacher Demoralization Isn’t the Same as Teacher Burnout. “What COVID-19 means for the teaching workforce.”
25. How to Write an Obituary on The New York Times Magazine.
26. Well, it’s Groundhog Day, again from Austin Kleon.