1. Morning walks. I’m not gonna lie, I don’t love getting up at 5 am. It’s really really early and I usually stay up too late reading so it’s not easy, but once we get out there, it is SO worth it, every single time.
2. Practice. Wild Writing with Mikalina, and then with Laurie and my Friday morning writing sangha was especially magical this week.
3. Comfort. Washing and mending Ringo’s toys, cooking a new recipe, kitchen counter love notes, down blankets and pillows, a hot cup of coffee in one of my favorite mugs, flowers in the bathroom, bird song.
4. Naps. It’s been harder to fit these in the past few weeks, which only made me realize how much I need them, how lovely it is to lie down in a dark room to rest in the middle of the day.
5. My tiny family. I’m so grateful to have their company, their love.
Bonus joy: cancelling plans, texting with my mom and brother and Chloe’, the smell of the top of Ringo’s head, good books, good TV and movies, good music, podcasts, making art for no reason, hanging out with Mikalina, Mount Everest Cafe, sitting in the infrared sauna with Eric, soft chewy white bread, crunchy gala apples, graphic novels, reading in bed at night while Ringo and Eric sleep.