1. How to Be Kind to Yourself & Still Get Stuff Done.
2. Can You Say…Hero? “Fred Rogers has been doing the same small good thing for a very long time…” The original article from 1998 that the new Mr. Rogers movie staring Tom Hanks is based on.
3. The ultimate guide to the Donald Trump impeachment saga.
5. Swimming Sideways: Navigating Grief As A Writer And An Artist from Chuck Wendig on Terrible Minds.
6. Resisting Fatphobia (A Social Justice Perspective on Size) from Isabel Foxen Duke.
7. How to Avoid Burnout While Trying to Make a Difference (And Recover From Burnout if You Do) from Andréa Ranae Johnson. “Feeling exhausted by your drive to create change in the world? This video is for you. Here, I share about common signs you’re experiencing or on the verge of burnout, how to avoid burnout and how to recover from burnout and why this is necessary for those of us that care deeply about the world and making it a better place.”
8. Your 5-day gratitude challenge: 5 exercises to increase your gratefulness, a challenge from Ideas.TED.com, which included links to relevant TED talks.
9. 10 Better Ways to do Black Friday from Be More With Less.
10. Go Ahead. Eat Your Holiday Feelings. on The New York Times.
11. McMindfulness: how capitalism hijacked the Buddhist teaching of mindfulness.
12. Black Farmers Were Driven From Their Land for Decades. Now, Some Are Reclaiming It.
13. forget thanksgiving: 5 indigenous women dismantling stereotypes.
14. ‘Queen & Slim’ Could Be One of the Great Love Stories of All Time — if You Let It on The New York Times. “The film is a rare portrayal of black people in our fullness — angry and frightened and hurt, euphoric and loving and free.”
15. Ta-Nehisi Coates: The Cancellation of Colin Kaepernick on The New York Times. “‘Cancel culture’ has always existed — for the powerful, at least. Now, social media has democratized it.”
16. Mary Lambert on Her New Album “Grief Creature.” (video)
17. It’s Time to Talk About Black Girls and Anxiety. In related news, Summer Walker’s Canceled Tour Proves Social Anxiety Is Deeply Misunderstood.
18. ‘She Saved Us’: Mourners Pay Tribute to Toni Morrison on The New York Times. “The Nobel laureate, who died in August, was honored at the Cathedral Church of St. John the Divine in New York. Speakers included Oprah Winfrey, Angela Davis and Fran Lebowitz.”
19. Trump ally Franklin Graham is thrilled that Chick-fil-A haven’t abandoned their anti-LGBT beliefs. In related news, Chick-fil-A backtracks, won’t pledge to end donations to anti-LGBT charities and Chick-fil-A Still Isn’t LGBTQ-Friendly, Despite Pledge on Donations.
20. Marie Kondo Wants to Sell You Nice Things. What’s Wrong With That? on The New York Times.
21. ‘A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood’: Can You Say ‘Sincere’ And ‘Heartening’?
22. Victoria’s Secret, Struggling on Many Fronts, Cancels Annual Fashion Show on The New York Times. “The decision comes as the lingerie giant has sought to overcome a host of challenges, including criticism of objectification of women and its financial woes.”
23. How to Help End the Epidemic of Violence Against Trans People.
24. Humanitarian Scott Warren Found Not Guilty After Retrial for Helping Migrants at Mexican Border.
25. 27 Responses to (Never-Ending) Diet Talk.
26. I Now Suspect the Vagus Nerve Is the Key to Well-being.
27. Aimee Mann, Bachelor No. 2 or, the Last Remains of the Dodo. “Each Sunday, Pitchfork takes an in-depth look at a significant album from the past, and any record not in our archives is eligible. Today, we revisit Aimee Mann’s third album, a world-weary showcase of independent spirit and expertly tuned songwriting.”
28. The Trans Obituaries Project: Honoring the Trans Women of Color Lost in 2019.
29. My Culture is Not Your Toy: A Gay Japanese Man’s Perspective on Queer Eye Japan. “How Queer Eye damages the very people and culture they were trying to save.”
30. Why Doctor Visits Really Are Different for Highly Sensitive People.
31. What pure happiness looks like. (video) This is me in the pool.
32. Stray Dog Found Curled Up In Snow Keeping Orphaned Kittens Warm.
33. Meet the Good Dogs Rescuing Koalas From Australia’s Wildfires.
34. Blind, Lonely And Ignored By All Other Animals, Helen, The Bison, Seemed Destined For Loneliness, But Then She Met Oliver.
35. Dogs Can’t Help Falling in Love on The New York Times. “One researcher argues that a dog’s ability to bond has more to do with forming emotional attachments than being smart about what humans want.”
36. Mister Rogers And The Dark Abyss Of The Adult Soul.
37. The Jungle Prince of Delhi on The New York Times. “For 40 years, journalists chronicled the eccentric royal family of Oudh, deposed aristocrats who lived in a ruined palace in the Indian capital. It was a tragic, astonishing story. But was it true?”