1. Morning walks. Even with the dark, this is my favorite time of the year for walking.
2. The color of the Colorado sky, especially when there’s moisture in the air and it’s cold out.
3. Getting the rest and support I need. After our scare with Ringo, I spent the next two days recovering, had a good session with my therapist and texted with friends, ate good food and took a lot of naps. Today Ringo is going to see our favorite physical therapy and pain management vet to get some extra love. He’s actually fine, but I will feel better if we go and make sure.
4. My birthday is coming. Because of that, I have a lot of fun plans coming up over the weekend and into next week. Instead of a cake this year, I asked for an apple pie.
5. My tiny family. They really are the best, my favorites.
Bonus joy: San Pelligrino Orange, soft warm pjs, wool socks and sweaters, down blankets and pillows, a warm shower, a big glass of cold clean water, the dog walkers who say hello or good morning, the fact that our new neighbors across the street have two kids and three big dogs, getting to hang out with Mikalina and Chloe’ for three whole hours, toast with butter and jam, Henry the baby Corgi, teaching yoga, long naps, friends that have been friends for decades, good books, good TV and movies, good podcasts, good music.