1. Flowers in the bathroom and kitchen counter love notes and pie. I haven’t had them in a long time, and I was sad last week because I broke my favorite vase, so when Eric was at Trader Joe’s, he brought me home flowers. It was also my birthday last week, so I got a special kitchen counter love note AND a pie. I also made myself cupcakes and bought myself two new pairs of the softest pajama pants ever.
2. Morning walks. Even though it’s dark, I love going so early because hardly anyone else is out, except for the deer.
3. 52 years. It’s been a good life, and I’ll take a few more decades of it, please. I got lots of celebrations last week, spread out so that I could recover from peopling in between.
4. Practice. I’ve been leaning in this week, have needed the extra support.
5. My tiny family. Ringo turned six this past week and Sam is as sweet as ever.
Bonus joy: Writing with Carrie, writing with Chloe’ and Mikalina (and cracking each other up), having tea with Chloe’ which also meant I got to see Pancho and Franny, dinner with Heather and Stacey and their good news about their move and a new job, dinner with Jon and Chelsey, long naps, a warm shower, a tall glass of cold clean water, texting with people I love, apple pie oatmeal (one part oatmeal, one part apple pie), writing, yoga, inside jokes (not because it leaves anyone out, but because it represents a long history with someone who makes you laugh), Thanksgiving break (which means Eric will be home all week), getting all the laundry done and put away, an easy salad mix in a bag, a quiet snow day, new music, good books and tv and movies.