1. Morning walks. Sam can go just a bit further now, but I also enjoy being with just Ringo. It’s pretty dark when we leave, but that means at some point during the walk, the sky will light up, and that’s worth seeing.
2. Farmer’s market flowers. This is officially the last week for them.
3. Cooking. It’s one of the good things about the weather turning colder – I don’t worry about heating up the house and cook more. Today it’s more bran muffins with dried raspberries and our last sesame cucumber noodles of the season with the last two cucumbers from our garden.
4. My dad is still here. He had a stroke this past week. Not being there was hard, confusing, sometimes frustrating when I couldn’t get a hold of anyone and didn’t know what was going on, and yet with this adorable baby around, I don’t think anyone missed me. Prognosis is he’ll recover. A good reminder of how fast things can change, and how lucky we all are for those who are there to help when we need it and for those who love us, keep showing up no matter what.
5. My tiny family. I don’t know what I’d do without them. They make everything better.
Bonus joy: another amazing massage from Dana, a cold glass of clean water, the laundry being done, clean sheets, a warm shower, a long nap, texting with friends, reading, teaching, Pilates, swimming, aqua aerobics, sitting in the sauna, making Eric laugh, pay day, computer glasses, Sam’s amazing PT vet, rain (except that I’m over the gray sky already).