1. How We Thought It Would Be from A Design So Vast. “It feels like this is all going to happen anyway – what isn’t as we thought it would be isn’t, and what is, is – so the only question is how gracefully we can allow these things to be.”
4. Wisdom from Eugene Gendlin, “What is true is already so. Owning up to it doesn’t make it worse. Not being open about it doesn’t make it go away. And because it’s true, it is what is there to be interacted with. Anything untrue isn’t there to be lived. People can stand what is true, for they are already enduring it.”
5. Amy Krouse Rosenthal’s Thought Bubble: Kindness. “We teamed up with New York Times best-selling author Amy Krouse Rosenthal, to create this Thought Bubble on the power of kindness. Winner of Best Animation at the Peace On Earth Film Festival 2011.”
7. Instead of Disappearing from Jena Schwartz. “As an alternative to erasing your face, what if you took this as an opportunity to show up?” In related news, The “Female Blackout” Is Spam And Erases Women.
8. The drawbacks of being known from Paul Jarvis.
9. The Greatest Showman | “This Is Me” with Keala Settle. I haven’t seen this movie, because I’m not okay with how it whitewashed what a horrible person P.T. Barnum was and how much suffering he generated for people and animals, BUT…I do love this song.
10. You Could Say We’re Pissed. “The women you know are walking around like they got the flu at a funeral because we are ill and grieving and questioning the meaning of anything at all.”
11. Like a Lifetime of Paper Cuts from Rita’s Notebook.
12. Matt Damon Is A Sniffing, Shouting Brett Kavanaugh On ‘SNL’ Season Premiere. I still haven’t been able to watch the real thing, so I’m starting with this.
14. This “Sexy” Handmaid’s Tale Costume Has Been Removed After Backlash. Maybe next they could get rid of their “Sexy Native American Costumes“?
19. Word Vomit Wednesday – Stop Kavanaugh. In related news, Julie Swetnick, new Brett Kavanaugh accuser, comes forward with disturbing affidavit, and The man who vetted Obama’s judicial picks says there’s a massive cover-up to make sure Brett Kavanaugh sneaks his way onto the Supreme Court (video), and Senator Kamala Harris said what most Americans were thinking of Dr. Christine Blasey Ford (video), and George W. Bush Is Whipping Votes for Brett Kavanaugh, and Christine Blasey Ford’s Opening Statement For Senate Hearing, and Brett Kavanaugh Thinks Being a Virgin Means You Can’t Sexually Assault Anyone, and Kavanaugh Says ‘I’m Not Going Anywhere’ Following 2nd Accusation. And this:
20. Loving kindness meditation for victims of abuse, (video) from Susan Piver, which includes “Spiritual Rituals of Resistance, Resilience, and Sustainability” By Rod Owens.
21. NJ Sheriff Caught Making Racist Remarks About ‘The Blacks’ Resigns. In related news, White Mother Accidentally Sends Racist Text to Her Black Nanny Then Fires Her For Possibly Being Offended, and But First, Let Me Take a Racist Selfie: Detroit Police Officer Out of a Job After Snapchat Goes Viral.
22. Trump Jr.: Women who can’t handle harassment ‘don’t belong in the work force.’ This is actually two years old, but still worth remembering.
23. ‘I Don’t Have Time To Be A Woman, I’m Too Busy Being Black’. “‘The Daily Show with Trevor Noah’ correspondent Dulcé Sloan gets real about living in a highly polarized time in the U.S.”
29. Mike Pence becomes first ever vice president to speak at anti-LGBT group’s summit. Or as I like to call it, “why impeaching Trump ain’t gonna fix anything.”
30. Dog vs Cat compilation. (video)
32. Did this cat really cuddle up to a video of his former owner – or is it a hoax? Too bad. Such a cute video.
33. That’s why I love baby goats. (video) Super cute, and not a hoax.
34. Cats and mice and dogs… Oh my! (video)
36. A white man and a Black man are both charged with murder. The differences in how their stories are told are astounding. (video) Well, I’m not astounded because this nonsense happens all…the…damn…time.
37. Instagram’s Co-Founders to Step Down From Company from The New York Times.
38. Weight Watchers changes name and shifts focus to wellness. No. No. No. No. In related news, Requiem for a Weight Watcher.
39. The Diet Industry Takes It All from Dances with Fat. “If we let it, diet culture will use the empty promise that we could be smaller (and the messed up culture that convinces us that’s a good thing) in order to take everything it can from us – time, energy, and money that could be used to live our best lives in the bodies we have, to fight injustice and dismantle oppression.”
41. Interview with Janelle Hanchett. “Janelle Hanchett created the website Renegade Mothering in 2011 because she needed to know if the rest of the mothering world was crazy or she was…Her memoir of addiction and recovery, I’m Just Happy To Be Here: A Memoir of Renegade Mothering, was published by Hachette Books this year.”