1. Giant Apple Pie Cinnamon Roll, a recipe we tried this weekend, (i.e. my husband cooked it and I ate it). It’s as delicious as it is ridiculous.
2. Righteous Rage: Exploring The Origins and Uses of Women’s Anger, “If you are struggling to articulate your rage and transform it into a productive force for personal, political, and social change, I invite you to join me for a 4-week writing journey beginning October 22.” TODAY ONLY she is offering an early bird discount.
6. White women in positions of power and privilege behaving badly: Rose McGowan Calls #MeToo Movement ‘Bullsh*t’, and Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Kaepernick protests: ‘I think it’s dumb and disrespectful,’ and Elizabeth Warren’s Claims of Indigeniety are a Slap in the Face to Indigenous People, and Hillary: Bill didn’t abuse his power because Lewinsky ‘was an adult’.
11. I Was Reported to Police as an ‘Agitated Black Male’ — for Simply Walking to Work. In related news, ‘Becky Blocker’ Calls The Cops On A Black Man For Entering His Own Apartment Building And Lies That He Choked Her, and Cornerstore Caroline Finally Apologizes for Falsely Accusing 9-Year-Old Boy of Sexually Assaulting Her, but Not Before Lying Some More, and Ex-Firefighter Found Guilty After Shooting At Black Teen Looking For Directions To School, and Kansas Man Handcuffed for Attempting to Move Into His Home Late at Night, and #BabysittingWhileBlack: White Woman Calls Police on Black Man Riding Around With White Kids, and 74-Year-Old White Man With A Criminal History Shot Seven Cops And Was Taken Into Custody Alive.
13. Hi, Dad, I’m In (Twitter) Jail from Chuck Wendig on Terrible Minds. In related news, also from Chuck, In Which I Am Fired From Marvel. “To conclude: this is really quite chilling. And it breaks my heart. I am very sad, and worried for the country I live in, and the world, and for creative people all around. Courage to you all. I have a dire fear this is going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better. P.S. Vote in November like your life depends on it. Because it just might.”
15. Wisdom from Ragen Chastain, “The problem isn’t that fat people exist. The problem is the way that fat people are stigmatized, stereotyped, bullied, marginalized, and oppressed.”
17. Exploding Good Shit: Volume I on Renegade Mothering.
18. The white southerners who changed their views on racism. Confession: I dig though stories like this looking for the secret of how to turn people. I never really find it.
19. Madelyn Ellen Linsenmeir’s obituary, which is devastatingly honest.
21. You shall not pass, cute video of a giant dog trying to get through a dog door only to be blocked by a tiny kitten.
22. Tarana Burke, (video) “founder of the Me Too movement, says she ‘practiced deeply listening to little black girls when they told me the truth about their lives’ and she’s watched how it’s transformed lives. ‘The idea that somebody who you look up to, that somebody who you respect believes you changes everything.'”
23. A Mexican Man’s Fatal Journey to Reclaim His American Life on The New York Times.
26. Artist embroiders the beauty of nature. (video)
27. From decorating cookies to making pizza, this adorable 2-year-old chef can cook it all. (video) He’s back!
29. Babies visit eldercare. (video) In related news, Mike left his well-paid city job in London to set up a charity to combat loneliness in the elderly community. (video)
30. For White Women Learning Calculus in a School Building On Fire. A very helpful list on a very important topic.
31. Many Native IDs Won’t Be Accepted At North Dakota Polling Places. Can you say “voter suppression”? More than 53,000 voter registration applications, a majority of them from black voters, are on hold in Georgia one month before the midterm election. How about now?
34. Billionaires Are the Leading Cause of Climate Change. In related news, Just 100 companies responsible for 71% of global emissions, study says. This is why trying to spin the issue as an individual problem causes by the choices of individuals is bullshit. Is it a good idea to drive a hybrid car and recycle, for example? Absolutely. Will your individual choices be able to turn the tide? Probably not. Related to the related news is this: Capitalism’s Final Solution Is Nothing Less than Complete Ecological Collapse.
36. Trans student barred from shelter during Virginia school’s mass shooter drill, “School administrators couldn’t decide whether the student should be sheltered with boys or girls, so left her outside.” WHY do kids need to be separated by gender for this?!
41. Homestead In The City? How This Chicago Mom Embraced Living Off The Land On The Far South Side. “Natasha Nicholes wanted her neighbors to get out of their houses and talk to one another — and through her farm, she’s made it happen.”
42. Dolphins enchanted by squirrels. (video)
43. My parents are hoarders from The Moth. (video)