1. 5 Reasons Why INFJs Might Struggle With Depression. This is scarily accurate. Like so much so that the next time I feel depressed, I should read it to remind myself of the why — which sometimes helps. In related news, You Can’t ‘Fix’ Introverts Because We’re Not Broken.
2. 10 Truths to Keep You Going When Everything Goes Wrong.
3. Everything Is Awful and I’m Not Okay: questions to ask before giving up. I’ve posted this before, a few times, but it’s worth repeating.
4. Yes, Fat People Have the Right to Exist from Dances with Fat.
5. Understand Ramadan from Wall of Us.
6. The Bare Podcast with Susan Hyatt and guest Sonya Renee Taylor, the author of The Body Is Not an Apology: The Power of Radical Self-Love.
7. My name is Wil Wheaton. I Live With Chronic Depression and Generalized Anxiety. I Am Not Ashamed.
8. Why Did We Ever Leave Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood?
9. Oldest European Tree Found—And It’s Having a Growth Spurt. “A Heldreich’s pine discovered in southern Italy has been thriving in a remote part of a national park for 1,230 years.”
10. When a whale swam up to this woman and wouldn’t leave her alone, she was freaked out — until she realized he was saving her life. (video)
11. Early ‘Nature’ Highlights of the 2018 National Geographic Travel Photographer of the Year Contest. It’s a beautiful world.
12. Trump taps hate group fellow Ronald Mortensen for important post dealing with refugees. It fills me with a particular kind of rage knowing that there are still people who deny that our president is a white supremacist, a racist. Oh, and he’s also homophobic: Trump fails to mark Pride Month…again.
13. Moving Our Bodies From A Place of Joy, Or Not from Dances with Fat.
14. The Problematic Whitewashing of Eating Disorder Recovery.
15. Almost 40% of peer-reviewed dietary research turns out to be wrong. Here’s why.
16. A new Lucas The Spider video.
17. Racist people doing racist things: Drunk hipster fired after spewing racial slurs outside bar, and This woman who loses it in front of her kids (video), and ‘You don’t look like a legislator’: Security stops black, female lawmaker going to work in Ohio, and Georgia Teen With No Prior Record Sentenced to 5 Years in Prison for Stealing a Pair of Sneakers When He Was 15, and According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, 8 white nationalists are currently running for federal office, more than ever before (video), and White Man, Furious That Jack in the Box Employee Wouldn’t Accept Coupon for Free Burger, Threatens to Send Her ‘Back to Mexico,’ and Professor targeted by right for teaching course on “white racism,” and Family of Black Man Killed by White Cop Awarded Just $4 By Florida Jury, and This man tormented his Black neighbors for years — now he’s facing 2-4 years in prison (video), and A teen killed a black man with his truck — then called him a racist slur online, police say.
18. Mind Your Own F**king Business! (video)
19. Why we must legalise cannabis now for the sake of public health.
20. Jimmy Fallon’s moving speech to Parkland’s graduating class. (video)
21. Three years ago, this beach was covered in trash. This year sea turtles were able to return to nest. (video)
22. Woman Tweets This Dog Owner’s Hilarious Reaction To Her Dog Escaping The Yard.
23. When Spiritual Bypassing Meets Racism Meets Gaslighting.
24. Curvy Yoga: A Sequence for Feeling at Home in Every Pose.
25. Beautiful LGBT Wedding Photos Showing That Love Knows No Boundaries.
26. The brilliant Robert Webb tells the Hay Festival audience why he has a problem with the traditional concept of masculinity. (video)
27. This fawn got so scared crossing the road it just lay down and wouldn’t move, but mom came to the rescue! (video) Reminds me of Ringo Blue at the vet! 🙂
28. Starbucks Anti-Bias Training “Missed the Mark Completely,” Say Two Philly Baristas. #notsurprised
29. BitchReads: 15 Books Feminists Should Read In June.
30. Congressional Candidate In Virginia Admits He’s A Pedophile. Welcome to America.
31. Watch this pastor put police officers in their place for unnecessarily taking a Black woman’s car. (video) Spoiler alert: they don’t arrest, harm, or kill him.
32. Supreme Court Sides With Colorado Baker Who Turned Away Gay Couple on The New York Times.
That first piece. Wow. Yes.
I know, right? ❤