1. My bed. After being gone over the weekend, it felt so good to sleep here again.
2. Flowers in the bathroom. It’s especially nice when they last a long time.
3. Food I can only get in Oregon. My aunt sent me two jars of marionberry jam for Christmas, and when I was in Oregon my cousin gave me four more, to which another aunt added a jar of gooseberry jam. I smuggled them all home in my suitcase, and they all got here safely. My mom also made a pineapple upside down cake while I was there and I had lunch at Burgerville in the airport before flying home. YUM.
4. Practice. Yoga, writing, meditation, and dog, all on the regular, saving my life every day.
5. My tiny family. I was only gone barely four days, but I missed them. They are my favorites, my normal.
Bonus joy: aqua aerobics, Wild Writing, clean sheets, snow, morning walks, watching The Great British Baking Show with Eric (we watched all four seasons — what are we going to watch now? *sob*), two flights on which the planes didn’t fall out of the sky, good friends who will “go all mom on you” when you really need it.
Congratulations on your grandniece. She looks like you! Also, the photos of the pups in this post are amazing. Well done!