1. What Is White Feminism? Here Are 7 Sneaky Ways It Shows Up Into Your Life. In related news, Why This Black Girl Will Not Be Returning To The Women’s March, and The Second Lives of Pussy Hats on The New York Times, and You’re Not “Not Political,” You’re Complicit, and White centering, white fragility, and the pink pussy hat with Abigail Rose Clark (video), and I spent MLK day fighting with an “ally” about my Trump headline, and Ep012 Wild Mystic Woman Podcast: Desiree Adaway On Leading Difficult Conversations On Race, Class + Gender, and Stop Silencing Women of Color from Jena Schwartz, because this, “That is what the invisible powers that be will do with women of color who are sharing their everyday, lived experiences of racism. They are not making this shit up, but there are plenty of white people who feel ‘attacked’ by these ‘offensive’ posts. You know what’s offensive? Denial. Coddling. Defensiveness. And actively silencing those who are sharing their pain and anger and frustration and truth.”
3. Are You Supporting White Supremacy? A checklist for teachers.
4. How to Stop Passive Aggression from Ruining Your Relationship. “Learning to express anger in a healthy way will help couples resolve conflicts, instead of letting them simmer.”
5. Housemates with 68 year age gap. (video) “Florence, 95, was lonely. Alexandra, 27, needed an affordable home.”
6. Rescued Raccoon Loves His Dog Sister. (video)
8. Man Pulls 5 1/2-Foot-Long Tapeworm Out Of His Body, Blames Sushi Habit. You might not know this about me but I’m currently working on a book about a women with a tapeworm.
10. Chickens playing a xylophone. (video) “A Colorado woman installed a xylophone in her backyard and now her chickens spend their days playing music.”
12. Take the stairs. Your Fitbit commands it. (video) Hilarious.
14. Abandoned Puppy Grows Up With 150 Rescued Animals. (video)
15. Immigration officials came into work on a national holiday to take Jorge away from his family. (video) I’m not gonna lie, this makes me feel a level of rage that isn’t healthy.
17. Of Docks and Churches and Libraries and Love on Rita’s Notebook. Because this, “Love is not, as I’ve thought for most of my life, the dock. It is the water.”
18. A Guide to Moving Courageously Into a New Uncertain Space on Zen Habits.
26. Professional Black Girl (Season 2) New Orleans Baby! A Kickstarter project. You can watch Season 1 on YouTube.
28. My body has always known the truth…I just wasn’t listening, wisdom from Melissa Toler.
31. Freedom, fairness and equality from Seth Godin.
32. Oprah’s Blind Spot from Rachel Cole.
33. Color Palette: Deep Greens. I need the couch in the last picture.
34. How to Establish a Daily Practice of Almost Anything, in Six Steps. A good reminder.
36. 27 Ways To Tell a True Story from the amazing Laurie Wagner.
38. America the Trumped: 10 ways the administration attacked civil rights in year one from the Southern Poverty Law Center.
40. 3 quick thoughts about walking from Austin Kleon.