1. Morning walks. Because Eric and I are both off work this week, all four of us got to go the other morning.
2. Living close to the water. In a perfect world, it would be the ocean, but having the river and a few reservoirs, lakes, and ponds near by is workable.
3. Holiday food. Stuffing, apple pie, cheddar cayenne biscuits, and apple cider. All the extra candy, cookies, and clementines aren’t bad either.
4. Christmas presents. I was obviously a very good girl this year, also very aware of my privilege.
5. My favorite Christmas pj pants. My aunt/godmother got me these Eddie Bauer pj pants for Christmas at least 10 years ago, probably longer. At the time, they were too big; now they fit just right. I’ve worn them to open presents every Christmas morning since, but they are reaching the end of their life. The hem and waistband are frayed, the fabric getting thinner.
6. My tiny family. So grateful that everyone is healthy and safe.
We tried to get a picture in front of the tree with the dogs before we opened presents, but the dogs weren’t having it.
Bonus joy: Writing and hanging out with Mikalina, aqua aerobics and the sauna every day this week, pay day, a clean car, good books (just finished White Rage: The Unspoken Truth of Our Racial Divide, am processing it a bit more before I publish a review), good TV (Eric and I just finished the first season of The Great British Baking Show), napping, vacation days, texting, baby pictures.