I don’t know the answer, but I want us all to be happy, healthy, and honest. I want to create a space where we can be real with each other. Knowing I’m not alone has been one of my greatest reliefs. There is nothing to be ashamed of. There is nothing wrong with you. Just like we take care of our bodies, we also need to take care of our minds.
5. 7 Qualities of a Conscious, Loving Relationship from Marc and Angel Hack Life.
6. 5 Ways to Disrupt Racism. “This short film from VideoRev offers five practical ways you can help combat racism and be an ally in times when people are under attack.”
7. Six Things Narcissists Say. Blergh.
8. Preview of an episode of NATURE, “My Congo.” Omg, so sweet and heartbreaking all at the same time.
9. Woman Packs Lunch for Son’s Friend. “This woman packed two lunches each morning: one for her son, the second for a child in need.”
10. How a Hashtag Defined a Movement. “The founders of #BlackLivesMatter on how it all began.”
13. How I Promise You One of the Most Meaningful Days of Your Life. Such a great project. This is what rehabilitation looks like.
14. The 2016 Book Riot Read Harder Challenge. I’m late to share this, but who cares when you start — you are reading!
19. Looking into Laziness by Pema Chödrön on Lion’s Roar.
20. Recipe I want to try: apple and cheddar scones.
21. More Wisdom from Pema Chödrön:
Embarking on the spiritual journey is like getting into a very small boat and setting out on the ocean to search for unknown lands. With wholehearted practice comes inspiration, but sooner or later we will also encounter fear. For all we know, when we get to the horizon, we are going to drop off the edge of the world. Like all explorers, we are drawn to discover what’s waiting out there without knowing yet if we have the courage to face it.
22. Feminism Should Come With a Warning Label. “This shit is hard.”
23. A Gentle Reminder That Jesus Was A Brown Middle Eastern Refugee Who Would Not Have Voted For Trump. “Jesus was a lot of things. He was not a conservative.”
26. Aimee Mann – “Can’t You Tell?” A song she wrote from the perspective of Trump. “Isn’t anyone going to stop me?”
28. Wisdom from Seth Godin, Beating yourself up. Such good advice.
29. 10 Simple Reasons it’s Time to Let Go from Marc and Angel Hack Life.