1. I don’t have it all figured out. Actually, I’m dealing with depression.
I don’t know the answer, but I want us all to be happy, healthy, and honest. I want to create a space where we can be real with each other. Knowing I’m not alone has been one of my greatest reliefs. There is nothing to be ashamed of. There is nothing wrong with you. Just like we take care of our bodies, we also need to take care of our minds.
2. An artist’s peaceful retreat on SF Girl by Bay. So dreamy. And, apparently I’m on trend, for the first time ever, on trend: jewel tones.
3. Transactions with Beauty. Karen Walrond shared this link on her weekly links round up, this was a good week, saying “I’ve become mesmerized by this beautiful new blog. I suspect you will, too.”
4. On Being interview with Mary Karr — Astonished by the Human Comedy.
5. 7 Qualities of a Conscious, Loving Relationship from Marc and Angel Hack Life.
6. 5 Ways to Disrupt Racism. “This short film from VideoRev offers five practical ways you can help combat racism and be an ally in times when people are under attack.”
7. Six Things Narcissists Say. Blergh.
8. Preview of an episode of NATURE, “My Congo.” Omg, so sweet and heartbreaking all at the same time.
9. Woman Packs Lunch for Son’s Friend. “This woman packed two lunches each morning: one for her son, the second for a child in need.”
10. How a Hashtag Defined a Movement. “The founders of #BlackLivesMatter on how it all began.”
11. Is Your Halloween Costume Racist?
12. Donald Trump, the Worst of America.
13. How I Promise You One of the Most Meaningful Days of Your Life. Such a great project. This is what rehabilitation looks like.
14. The 2016 Book Riot Read Harder Challenge. I’m late to share this, but who cares when you start — you are reading!
15. When Healthy Isn’t an Option: How I Learned to Love My Chronically Ill Body.
16. These teachers came prepared to talk about challenges they face in their classrooms, but they WEREN’T prepared for what we had planned next…
17. Mary Oliver Issues A Full-Throated Spiritual Autobiography In ‘Upstream.’
18. Charles Shaw Lives In Abandoned High School After Transforming It Into His Family’s Home. So cool.
19. Looking into Laziness by Pema Chödrön on Lion’s Roar.
20. Recipe I want to try: apple and cheddar scones.
21. More Wisdom from Pema Chödrön:
Embarking on the spiritual journey is like getting into a very small boat and setting out on the ocean to search for unknown lands. With wholehearted practice comes inspiration, but sooner or later we will also encounter fear. For all we know, when we get to the horizon, we are going to drop off the edge of the world. Like all explorers, we are drawn to discover what’s waiting out there without knowing yet if we have the courage to face it.
22. Feminism Should Come With a Warning Label. “This shit is hard.”
23. A Gentle Reminder That Jesus Was A Brown Middle Eastern Refugee Who Would Not Have Voted For Trump. “Jesus was a lot of things. He was not a conservative.”
24. Who the fuck am I to think that I could write a book?
25. Drunk History Covered The Stonewall Riots More Accurately Than A Whole Movie About It.
26. Aimee Mann – “Can’t You Tell?” A song she wrote from the perspective of Trump. “Isn’t anyone going to stop me?”
27. 10 Learnings from 10 Years of Brain Pickings.
28. Wisdom from Seth Godin, Beating yourself up. Such good advice.
29. 10 Simple Reasons it’s Time to Let Go from Marc and Angel Hack Life.