1. Brave Blogging with Andrea Scher, starts today! What I’ve always loved most about what Andrea offers is she creates things out of the place she is living, and because of that it’s real, covered in dirt and honey. This is another one of those things.
2. What “Rape Culture” Means, a very helpful infographic.
3. Mother is “a million times happier” after going from size eight to 18, a different kind of “before and after.” I totally relate to this story. I’d rather be fat and sane than ever go back to those dark days. In related news, 9 Disordered Eating Practices You Thought Were Normal.
4. “Sow Much Good.” Robins Emmons believes in people over profits, giving back with her organic farm that provides fresh, affordable food to low-income communities.
5. Weird jobs: the People Walker. This man doesn’t walk dogs… he walks people.
6. Recipes I’d like to try: Cheesy Zucchini Rice, and Zucchini Tots, and Peach Margarita Cooler, and Chicken Shawarma, Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Apples, and No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter & Oatmeal Cookies. In related news, Are Viral Recipes Ruining Cooking?
7. Aimed at Zika Mosquitoes, Spray Kills Millions of Honeybees. Nope. Just no.
8. Donald Glover hired an entirely black writers’ room for his new tv show. I can’t wait for this show. It looks amazing.
9. Sometimes you just have to put it out there from one of my favorite bloggers, writers, humans.
10. 23- Year Old Male Babysitter Will Only Get 30 Days For Molesting 8-Year Old Boy; Judge Says Prison Will Be Too Hard On Him, He’s Just A Boy. I thought for sure this was a joke, an article from The Onion, but no. WTF?!
11. Hundreds of thousands of immigrants are getting in citizenship lines to take down Donald J. Trump.
12. How to Race Bait from Matthew Cooke.
13. These Are The Fearless LGBTQ Youth Who Live In Jamaica’s Sewers.
14. Hello Humans, a blog project from Anne Lamott’s son Sam.
15. Everything You Need to Know to Become a Certified Yoga Instructor.
16. Your Career Homecoming Challenge hosted by Laura Simms, “a one week community challenge that will energize your workweek, connect you with others, and enter you to win great prizes.” I did it last year and it was really helpful.
17. This Veteran Just Shared An Argument-Ending Defense Of Colin Kaepernick. It’s totally worth it to take the time and read the whole thing.
18. Trans men describe their experiences with male privilege.
19. Mike Birbiglia’s 6 Tips for Making It Small in Hollywood. Or Anywhere. This is so good. “Sometimes people say, ‘One thing you have to offer in your work is yourself.’ I disagree. I think it’s the only thing.” I’m going to see his new movie this afternoon. Can’t wait.
20. Graduating and Looking for Your Passion? Just Be Patient. Really good advice.
21. Miracle Messages. A project that lets homeless people record video messages to long-lost relatives, and it’s getting them off the streets.
22. Religish Rituals: A Former Pastor Explains Why Tarot is A-Okay.
23. ‘Holy Hell’ Review: Will Allen Spent 20 Years In a Cult and All He Got Was This Documentary. Watched this yesterday. It was really good, really interesting.
24. Justifiable, wisdom from Seth Godin.
25. Self-Help List from Zen Habits.