1. What Is Weight-Neutral Workplace Wellness and Why Should we Consider it? “The literature on weight, weight loss, and the relationship between weight and health indicates that the weight-focused approach to health does more harm than good.” Word. In related news, Women: Stop apologizing for eating.
2. Recipes I’d like to try: zucchini, tomato and rice gratin (gratins are my new favorite way to use up a lot of veggies at once), Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo, Easy Oven Baked Spicy Chicken Tacos (you had me at “easy”), The Best Oven-Fried Chicken Recipes You’ll Ever Make, Takeout-Style Sesame Noodles, takeout-style sesame noodles with cucumber, and Chocolate Peanut Butter Brown Rice Crispy Treats.
3. Beacon Food Forest Permaculture Project, one of the best ideas EVER. “The goal of the Beacon Food Forest is to design, plant and grow an edible urban forest garden that inspires our community to gather together, grow our own food and rehabilitate our local ecos.”
4. Remember from Patti Digh. In related news, What Do You Do On A Day Like This?
5. Heartwarming moment girl asks her stepdad to adopt her on his birthday. I’ve watched this so many times.
6. Tim Gunn: Designers refuse to make clothes to fit American women. It’s a disgrace.. In related news, Tim Gunn’s Plus Size Mistake.
7. Leon Bridges Tiny Desk Concert. “Take Me to Your River” is especially amazing.
8. The Robin Hood Army is ending food waste and feeding the hungry.
9. Stanford Professor Puts His Entire Digital Photography Course Online for Free. So cool.
10. Your High-Intensity Feelings May Be Tiring You Out.
11. Marijuana is literally saving the lives of our veterans.
12. How Was Burning Man? “A guy who just got back from Burning Man struggles mightily to explain what Burning Man was like to a loser who’s never been to Burning Man.” Hilarious.
13. Deaht is Actually Very Funny: a Last Conversation with Poet Max Ritvo.
14. I walked out of the Brisbane Writers Festival Keynote Address. This is why. This is so important.
15. Wisdom from Seth Godin, “Just because it’s dark it doesn’t mean we’re underground. It often means that no one has bothered to turn on any lights.”
16. Things I Didn’t Buy.
17. An Open Letter to that Lady who has All the Answers to #NoDAPL.
18. The One Thing You Need Less of Right Now (your life depends on it). In related news, 7 Small Habits That Will Steal Your Happiness.
19. Bigger, Better, Different. “We can’t always see what’s working, just as we can’t always see what’s not working. We can only keep showing up and paying attention.” A beautiful post by Jena Schwartz.