Things are piling up around here. There’s one particular pile on my desk that includes:
- Yoga pose cards, homework for yoga teacher training
- Property tax bill
- New 16 GB SD card that will hold almost 6000 images
- Camera battery charger
- My favorite pair of scissors
- Chocolate and sheets of origami paper from Germany
- Puppy shot records
- Tags from Ringo’s new harness
- Tags, receipt and harness that didn’t work for Ringo and needs to be returned
- Paperwork for puppy kindergarten class
- Microchip info flyer
- Hearing test results (sometimes Cattle Dogs can be deaf, but Ringo’s whole litter has great hearing)
- Beaver’s Market receipt
- Meat processing receipt (we got 1/2 a beef from a friend who raises organic, small herds, of which our dogs get to eat almost 1/2 — spoiled)
- 2013 Tax documents
- Feed and grocery store receipts
- Receipt from Sam’s last visit to the neurologist
- Corral West Australian Cattle Dogs Contract of Sales and Deposit, in which I promise not to sell, give away, or euthanize Ringo without telling Sherry, and if we can’t care for him any longer, she has the right to have him back, to keep or find him a new home, and I agree that “the dog will reside at their home and will be an integral part of the family.”
The pose cards look pretty sweet! Take care and be sure to have a great weekend. 🙂
Thanks! I’m a little nervous because we start tonight practice teaching, grouping into pairs and leading each other through the poses we focused on during our last weeked. I didn’t have much time to study or do homework the past few weeks, so I am trusting my six years of practice and adopting an “only don’t know” beginner’s mind.
May I share a little “trick” with you …
I’m in love with your breeder. Too many sell the pups and don’t want to hear from you again. (I’m +25 years with collie rescue). My desk has a similar gathering of items … the only thing they have in common is that they have nothing in common and they defy all attempts (allegedly half-hearted) to organize them.
Sometimes I feel like I live on an island of misfit stuff. I suppose it’s hardly surprising that I can never find anything.
I blame it on my creative, lopsided right brain. BIG right brain, itty bitty (virtually non-existent) left brain.
Christa, she really is great. I couldn’t have gone through with a baby born on purpose any other way. And I always make vows to be organized, but I’m a born piler, a passionate mess. I try to see it as a strength — my ability to function amidst chaos. 🙂