This post is a mashup of The Little Bliss List and Joy Jam, and as such is meant to celebrate: the little things that brought me hope and happiness this week, the sweet stuff of life, those small gifts that brought me joy this week. By sharing them, I not only make public my gratitude, but maybe also help you notice your own good stuff and send some positive energy out into the world.
1. Fall color and cooler temperatures.
2. Decaf salted caramel latte from Cafe Ardour. I only drink a half cup of coffee in the morning, so typically avoid any other caffeine throughout the rest of the day, which makes me sad when I visit a coffee shop in the afternoon, especially when it’s cold outside. I am not sure what took me so long, or why I never thought of it before, but any of those tasty creations can be made with decaf coffee–they have the technology! This first one I tried was so delicious, I can’t stop thinking about it.
3. Speaking of cool weather foods: tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich.
4. First Glee episode of the season. I know this show has its critics, but as a former theater geek, I still love it with my whole heart. This was my favorite scene (besides the goodbye scene between Kurt and his dad) from the first episode:
5. Rain. It was a bit bigger, faster than I would have liked it, but I am still grateful for it.
Bonus joys: moments of laughter, everyone in my little family home safe and sound, and retreat (I’ll tell you more about that last one tomorrow).