This post is a mashup of The Little Bliss List and Joy Jam, and as such is meant to celebrate: the little things that brought me hope and happiness this week, the sweet stuff of life, those small gifts that brought me joy this week. By sharing them, I not only make public my gratitude, but maybe also help you notice your own good stuff and send some positive energy out into the world.
1. Feathers and friends, reminding me that I am not alone, that I am connected and loved, which makes me stronger, happier than I would be by myself. The kind of friends who will give me a “Don’t Be So Hard On Yourself” magnet for no reason (other than they love me and want me to stop being so hard on myself), who will take me out to lunch for my birthday, who email me randomly to let me know they are thinking about me, who “like” my facebook and blog posts, or who give me the most loving hard time when I don’t make it to yoga and a hug when I do.
2. Fall Break! It turns out I have so much work, so much to get caught up on that I actually have to work a day or two next week, but that didn’t stop me from feeling the full on joy of the Friday before a break as I walked to my car this afternoon to head home and walk the dogs. I let myself pretend for just a minute that I wasn’t going to come back on Monday.
3. Christmas Cactus blooms. Actually, mine are confused, because they always bloom closer to Thanksgiving, but they are gorgeous anyway, and make my paid work office a happier place.
4. The best husband, the kind who sneaks out on a cold morning and scrapes the ice off my car for me, and leaves me love notes that say things like “be nice to yourself today,” and who just wants me to be happy.
5. Long walks with my dogs. Seriously one of the best things ever invented.
Bonus Joy: Another week with Dexter.