1. Sunrise. Next week Eric will go back to work and we’ll get back on our shared walking schedule so I’ll get to be out taking pictures of our morning walk again and I’m so excited about it, also apologizing to Ringo in advance if it takes a bit for me to get my stamina back after such a long break.
2. Flowers. After a few doctor’s appointments this week, I stopped at Trader Joe’s on my way home. They always have such an interesting variety of flowers. These are Love in the Mist (Nigella Damascena, also apparently sometimes called Devil in the Bush), which even though I bought them separate from the Ranunculus it turns out they are both from the Ranunculaceae family of flowers, cousins.
3. Good news from my doctor and surgeon. The CT scan I got last week showed my abscess has cleared up. Next step is a colonoscopy in four weeks to get a closer look and determine if I need surgery. My primary doctor is being super helpful getting my insurance claim sorted out, as they somehow missed the whole part about the abscess and decided my hospital stay “wasn’t medically necessary.”
4. New pajamas. I love them, they are so nice and comfy, and when Eric saw them, he said, “you look like you’re in prison.” I mean, he’s not wrong… 🙂 My brother said, in response to the text I sent with the picture at 3 pm, “you are still in your pajamas?!” and I had to explain that I live in my pjs, that after I take a shower I put a clean pair on. The older I get, the more I prioritize comfort.
5. My tiny family, tiny home, tiny life. As happy as I’ll be to get back to the morning walk, I’ve love having Eric home more often. Right now, he and Ringo are on the couch napping and it makes me so happy.
Bonus joy: making art with Mikalina, texting with Chloe’, laughing with Eric (for example, we were watching an episode of Antiques Roadshow last night and the appraiser had a uniquely shaped head and haircut so Eric started to do a Frankenstein voice version of the appraisal that had us both laughing so hard), yoga with Sarada and Abrona and Jamie (especially Sarada’s New Year’s day mandala flow), texting my mom and brother, cleaning up my office a bit, stretching, oranges, oatmeal with apple compote, sweet potatoes, reading in the morning after I write, writing with a cup of hot tea, meditation, the hydromassage chair, the pool, the sauna, clean sheets, all the laundry done and put away, being able to do so many necessary things through email or text or using an app, Insight Timer, Prisma, Instagram, Google and the magic of the internet, watching good TV (and sometimes trash TV), listening to podcasts, a warm shower, breakfast burritos, raspberries, birds in the feeder, other people’s dogs and cats and kids, being able to help, dog rescue and the people who do that good work, naps, reading in bed at night while Eric and Ringo sleep.