1. Morning walks. It’s so nice during the summer to walk with both Eric and Ringo whenever I walk. This morning’s walk was extra special because my friend from graduate school who now lives in Wisconsin was in town and met Ringo and I to walk with us. Added bonus when a friend is the sort that even when you rarely see them in person, when you do, it’s comfortable, without effort, and enjoyable.
We did get a cute selfie but I keep forgetting to ask her to send it to me. (Update: she sent me the picture, so I’m adding it here). It’s important to take pictures with your friends — trust me, if you ever lose them, you’ll be so happy you did.
2. Fruits and vegetables. Strawberries, raspberries, peaches, grapes, watermelon, cucumber, spinach, broccoli, Brussel sprouts, corn on the cob. etc.
3. Massage. I got a professional one yesterday from Dana, my masseuse for the past TEN years, and I get (and give) an amateur one every night from Eric while we watch TV. I absolutely hold a lot of tension in my body so it is essential.
4. Rain. We had some wild storms here this past week, and even though that extreme weather can cause a lot of damage, in a state that’s almost constantly in a drought and getting hotter by the year, the moisture is appreciated.
5. My tiny family, tiny house, tiny life. So much love.
Bonus joy: good TV, excellent books, listening to podcasts, seeing friends, texting with Chloe’ and Mom and Chris, a warm shower, the pool, ten minutes in the hydromassage chair, fifteen minutes in the sauna, another peach pie in the works, being able to “take the rest of the day off” when I’m tired, clean sheets, things I’ve been dreading being easier and quicker than expected, other people’s dogs, cinnamon swirl bread (which will never not remind me of my grandma), pay day, grocery shopping, leftovers, good neighbors (including the ones who have moved away), turning the radio loud when a good song comes on and driving with the windows rolled down, yellow, wildflowers.