Oops, I did it again! At one point yesterday, I thought “oh yeah, it’s Friday, I need to write a blog post” and then I went about the rest of my day and totally forgot!
1. Morning walks. On one this week, it was only 37 degrees! It’s definitely cooler in the morning. I was making a list the other day of all the things we’ve seen on our walks, at places that are only a mile or so from our house: ducks, geese, herons, hawks, osprey, bald eagles, skunks, raccoons, foxes, deer, beavers, mink, muskrats, wild turkey, coyote, snapping turtles, owls, snakes, rabbits, bears, a bobcat, and one time there was even a moose (although I only saw pictures).
2. Wild writing. My Friday morning group led by the lovely Laurie Wagner started up again this week after the summer off. I missed the practice and the people and am so grateful to be back at it.
3. Being my own advocate, especially when it comes to my overall health and well-being. There have been a few times recently where I had to speak up for myself, make specific requests and set boundaries — things I honestly didn’t used to be able to do — and I’m very proud of myself for it, grateful for all those who’ve supported me and taught me that I’m worthy of care.
4. Good neighbors, good friends. Sharing the joy of our gardens, doing each other favors, saying hello to each other’s dogs.
5. My tiny family. Now that it’s not so dang hot all the dang time, we’ve been able to hang out in the yard together more often, (it was never too hot for Eric, but Ringo and I didn’t agree), one of our favorite things to do.
Bonus joy: catching up with Calyx, pictures of baby boy from Chloe’, how soft Franny is, laundry, clean sheets, my favorite sweatshirt, chrysanthemums, pumpkins, honey, taco salad, pancakes, how much Ringo makes me laugh, citrus, Dave’s berry bagels, Dot’s honey mustard pretzels, vaccines (got my flu shot today), reading, podcasts, TV, naps, getting in the pool, sitting in the sauna with Eric, reading in bed while Ringo and Eric sleep.