2. Insights at the Edge: The Core of Belonging a podcast interview with Rev. angel Kyodo williams. “Tami Simon speaks with Rev. angel about how society shapes our sense of belonging, and what it means to take back our power to belong. They discuss how embodied belonging transcends that which our entire sense of self and reality is based upon, and offers us a deep awareness of our essential truth. Tami and Rev. angel also touch on: forgiveness as a healing self-practice, the meaning of true community, and how growing comfortable in our own skin gives us the capacity to heal, enact conscious change, and belong in any environment.”
4. Good people we are losing to COVID-19: Adalberto Álvarez, Latin Dance Music Maestro, Is Dead at 72 and Bennie Pete, Bandleader Who Kept the Beat After Katrina, Dies at 45 on The New York Times.
5. Colson Whitehead: Why a Heist Novel Was the Best Way to Tell the Story of New York. In related news, How Colson Whitehead Writes About Our ‘Big Wild Country’ on The Ezra Klein Show podcast at The New York Times.
8. A.O.C.’s Met Gala Designer Explains Her ‘Tax the Rich’ Dress on The New York Times.
10. Resilience: Self-Care for Tough Times on Lion’s Roar. “Shauna Shapiro explains how to face difficult emotions, re-center, and find calm.”
16. Miriam Margolyes: ‘Writing my memoir was terrifying. It’s quite revealing’. “Gleefully outspoken and bursting with hilarious anecdotes, Miriam Margolyes is gloriously larger than life. As her memoir is published, she tells Eva Wiseman about settling scores, her one regret and why for her nothing is taboo.”
17. Nabisco Workers End Weekslong Strike After Reaching New Contract on The New York Times.