1. Anti-Racism Archives, this is an extensive group of resources on topics about which we should all learn as much as we can, do what we can.
2. The Real Life of a Highly Sensitive Introvert.
3. Good stuff from Lion’s Roar: Calm in the Midst of Chaos (“Sharon Salzberg on the power of equanimity”) and The Four Immeasurables Leave Nothing Untouched (“If you don’t want your happiness to impede that of someone else, says Vanessa Zuisei Goddard, practice the four immeasurables. It will help you make space for others in your mind and to see others as yourself”).
4. Wisdom from Pema Chödrön, “The ego wants resolution, wants to control impermanence, wants something secure and certain to hold on to. It freezes what is actually fluid, it grasps at what is in motion, it tries to escape the beautiful truth of the fully alive nature of everything. As a result, we feel dissatisfied, haunted, threatened. We spend much of our time in a cage created by our own fear of discomfort.”
5. How to Nourish Your Resilience in a Time of Trauma. “It is essential to connect trauma healing and movements for social justice. They are interdependent. Together, they let us become whole and build a just and sustainable future. “
6. Going with the flow. “When an artist couple had the chance to build their dream home, they discovered that living sustainably provided a lifetime of inspiration.”
7. ‘What are we so afraid of?’ “Tony Green, on dismissing, denying, contracting and spreading the coronavirus.” We have so much power, and yet so little control.
8. HS Finally Calls White Supremacy ‘The Most Persistent And Lethal Threat In The Homeland’ In Delayed Report.
9. I was in the pro-life movement. But then, widowed with 6 kids, I prepared for an abortion. “My story is heartbreaking. Telling it is tender. But I need you to understand that real people like me are living real stories.”
10. Prince Was One of the Loneliest Souls I’ve Ever Met. “Neal Karlen on His Complicated Relationship with an American Icon.”
11. Modern Love Podcast from The New York Times.
12. Good Life Project: The Year of No Grudges | Andrea Gibson.
13. More Than This official music video – Sharkk Heartt ft. Na-il Ali Emmert.
14. Proclamation on Columbus Day, 2020 because he is never not disappointing. In related news, Trump: Racists Call It Columbus Day, So I’m Calling It Columbus Day!
15. What is Indigenous Peoples’ Day? In related news, How To Support Indigenous Communities On And Beyond Indigenous Peoples’ Day, and Indigenous Peoples’ Day resources, and The Native History of Indigenous Peoples Day, and Honoring Indigenous Peoples: 20 Recommended Reads, and Story Corps: Voices to Honor for Indigenous Peoples’ Day, and 8 LGBTQ+ and Two-Spirit Native Americans Changing the World, and New Poetry By Indigenous Women: Looking Back at 2018.
16. My friend left this world – and I learned to let him go. “Ojibwe traditions said we should celebrate – mirror joy – so he could pass to the spirit world. This time I wouldn’t let him down.”
17. Enola Holmes | Official Trailer | Netflix. Eric and I watched this over the weekend, and it was really good.