1. “Thank You,” a poem by Ross Gay.
If you find yourself half naked
and barefoot in the frosty grass, hearing,
again, the earth’s great, sonorous moan that says
you are the air of the now and gone, that says
all you love will turn to dust,
and will meet you there, do not
raise your fist. Do not raise
your small voice against it. And do not
take cover. Instead, curl your toes
into the grass, watch the cloud
ascending from your lips. Walk
through the garden’s dormant splendor.
Say only, thank you.
2. 12 Things to Remember When You are Feeling Overwhelmed from Be More With Less.
3. Updated: Former aides describe abuse and sexual misconduct by Shambhala leader on Lion’s Roar. The update includes links to letters from Diana J. Mukpo, Shambhala Acharyas, and the Sakyong.
5. Review: The Grand, Exhausting Life of Pamela Adlon’s ‘Better Things’ on The New York Times.
8. President Trump’s proposed border wall could cut through a butterfly sanctuary, historical sites and Carrizo/Comecrudo Indigenous territory. “Meet the people who’ve joined forces to defend these places.” (video)
10. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Wants the Country to Think Big. “The Democratic socialist star came to D.C. to ‘swing for the fences’ and fix America.”
14. Toni Morrison: First Lady of Letters on The New York Times.
16. Sometimes the morning OM’s are just too good. (video)
17. Cheryl’s Good Vibe Tribe is still accepting donations.
18. Emma would love a letter from your dog. “Emma Mertens, a 7-year-old girl from Hartland who was diagnosed with inoperable brain cancer, has requested ‘letters from dogs.'”
22. The True Story Behind Legendary Jazz Pianist Don Shirley And Green Book. “Don Shirley was a piano prodigy and his passion was for classical music. But because of his race, 1950s America wanted him to stick to pop music.”
28. House Votes to Block Trump’s National Emergency Declaration About the Border on The New York Times.