1. Wisdom from David Whyte: “Anger is the deepest form of compassion, for another, for the world, for the self, for a life, for the body, for a family, and for all our ideals, all vulnerable and all, possibly about to be hurt. Stripped of physical imprisonment and violent reaction, anger is the purest form of care, the internal living flame of anger always illuminates what we belong to, what we wish to protect and what we are willing to hazard ourselves for.”
3. Stubborn Woman Finally Seeks Help, and fundraiser by the brilliant Alexis Morgan.
4. If The Doctor Says A Health Issue is Caused By Being Fat from Dances with Fat.
5. Grief Needs a Minute from Jena Schwartz.
8. In this week’s “People Behaving Badly”: Iowa Man Who Burned Library’s LGBTQ Books Because They Offended His Religion Should Face The Law, and Ryanair racism suspect David Mesher insists ‘I’m not a racist’ before [NOT] apologising to passenger he abused, (So tired of the “sorry, not sorry” non-apologies where the primary concern of the perpetrator is “I’m not a bad person.” Own what you did, take responsibility, actually apologize and do better – it’s so simple), and Accused Kroger shooter has history of mental illness and racist comments, and Police In Ohio Under Scrutiny After Video Shows Officers Punching Face-Down Man, and 2 Texas Judges Sent 20 Percent of All Juveniles to State Prisons Last Year, and White Nationalist Richard Spencer’s Wife Says In Divorce Filings That He Physically And Emotionally Abused Her, and Video: Librarian Calls Cops on Student for Brazen Attempt at #StudyingWhileBlack [Updated], and Asked about conspiracies, Trump admits, ‘There’s no proof of anything,’ and Random-Ass White Woman Rolls Up on Spanish Speaking Family and Demands to See Their Passports, and The Alt-Right is Killing People, and White Woman Fired After Video Shows Her Harassing Black Sisters In Their Apartment Building.
9. Some Texans say voting machines are flipping selections to the other party. In related news, Black Voters in Georgia Say Something Funny Is Going on With Their Voting Machines and In leaked audio, Brian Kemp expresses “concern” over Georgians exercising their voting rights. It’s terrifying how easily people can cheat, steal, lie and get away with it, (because if this is happening, it is intentional). But don’t worry, Georgia Candidate Brian Kemp Claims Voter Suppression Is A ‘Farce,’ Blames Obama.
10. Not a Costume! (video) “Please remember this when dressing for Halloween. Native Regalia is particular and very personal to each person. Please educate yourself and respect each Human’s culture.” In related news, When Is It OK To Wear The Clothing Of Another Culture? and Kentucky Dad Apologizes For Father-Son Nazi Halloween Costumes, (clearly another case of “sorry, not sorry”).
11. It’s a Wrap: NBC Officially Cancels Megyn Kelly Today; Fox Passes on Her Return. In related news, Today Addresses Megyn Kelly’s Blackface Comments; Kelly Tearfully Apologizes and ‘Late Night’ Writer Expertly Dissects Megyn Kelly’s Racist Blackface Comments.
13. Transgender Boy Tells Mom ‘It Shouldn’t Be Scary To Be Who You Are.’ In related news, Gender Variance Around the World Over Time: It’s nothing new and Dear Mr. Trump: I’m Transgender And I Have A Few Things I Want You To Know and All References to Transgender Americans Scrubbed From Government Websites. As I said on Facebook earlier this week, just try to be someone you are not for a whole day. I dare you. Go ahead, try it. You will very quickly realize what you should have already known: things like gender and sexuality are central, core, foundational things, and once you know who you are, you can’t possibly be anyone else. And guess what happens if we just let people be who they are? What happens if we protect their right to live their life as who they are? It’s not going to hurt you one damn bit. In fact, those people, suddenly free to be themselves will be able to finally give the good they have to offer the world instead of spending all of their energy just trying to survive. (Obviously I’m not talking about people whose sexual actions cause real harm to others — don’t be an idiot).
16. Trump’s lies and fear-mongering have reached a new, terrifying level ahead of the midterms. (video) I can only watch this with the sound off.
20. Recipe I want to try: Salvadoran Pupusas As Made By Curly And His Abuelita.
22. Cesar Sayoc Jr., Florida man, arrested in pipe bomb case; van with ‘right wing paraphernalia’ seized. In related news, Political Commentator Says She Contacted Twitter About Package Bomber Weeks Ago, and The Pittsburgh Synagogue Shooting Is the Inevitable Result of Trump’s Vile Nationalism, and Jewish Leaders In Pittsburgh Say Trump Not Welcome There in a letter that ends with, “you are not welcome in Pittsburgh until you commit yourself to compassionate, democratic policies that recognize the dignity of all of us.” Amen.
23. San Diego Zoo’s newest elephant calf! (video)
24. Raven’s Fractured Leg. Remember the two boys who drove all night in their family’s only car, got lost and showed up late for a tour of CSU? They wanted to go to school here and instead they were racially profiled by a whyte mom who called campus police on them because they were quiet and shy (and brown)? One of their dogs got hurt and they need help paying for vet bills.
25. She tries so hard to get Alexa to play her jam. (video)
26. This dog wins Halloween forever. (video)