1. Colorado sky. This picture was the view from my front porch last night.
2. Our garden, and all the hard work Eric does to keep it going. We lost our zucchini in the first hailstorm of the year and our tomatoes are doing terrible, but we have tons of lettuce, basil, cucumbers, and flowers.
3. Summer food. The above picture is the peach sorbet I made with Palisade peaches, and the one below is the glazed lemon zucchini bread I made today (let’s be honest – it’s cake). Then there’s watermelon and corn on the cob and fresh tomatoes. It’s all so yummy.
4. The calm before the “storm.” I’m getting a tooth pulled on Monday and the week after a colonoscopy (turned 50, so they are doing the baseline test) and the week after that I have to go back to work, so I’m trying to enjoy just being normal and on vacation for a few more days.
5. My boys. Sam had to get a lumped checked at the vet last week, but thankfully it’s just a fatty tumor (he has one on his belly too). At 4.75 years old, Ringo is finally settling in to being an adult dog, but he hasn’t lost his goofy sense of humor or that typical Heeler independence/stubbornness.
Bonus joy: hanging out with amazing women (seriously, my friends are so smart, funny, creative, and kind), aqua aerobics, swimming lessons, Pilates, cooking, rainstorms, teaching yoga, getting paid to teach yoga, being able to help, meditation, writing, clean sheets, air conditioning, prescription glasses (can you imagine life without them?!), good books, good TV, documentaries, rice krispie treats, a cold glass of clean water, emails from my mom, a new computer (now I just need to set it up), laughing with Eric.