1. Spring break. I barely made it, and I need it so desperately. I haven’t been this burnt out in a really long time.
2. Morning walks with Ringo. Sam is still restricted to going just around the block, so it’s been just me and little dude. The other morning, we were about 15 minutes from the river when the sky caught on fire. I thought for sure we were going to miss it, but we made it in time to get a picture of the tail end of the sunrise.
3. Winter sky. It’s always vast, but the colors and clouds in winter are extra special.
4. Physical therapy for Sam. That we can afford it, that it is helping him heal, and that he is such a good boy when we go.
5. Eric. All the ways that he helps me, loves me, makes me laugh and keeps me sane.
6. Naps. Ringo typically doesn’t let Eric take very long naps, but for some reason he’s willing to take epic ones with me, even if he fights it initially.
7. Flowers in the bathroom. I’m loving how long these last.
8. Practice. Keeping me from giving up, keeping me sane.
Bonus joy: Yoga, Pilates, aqua aerobics, massage, crisp crunchy Gala apples and peanut butter, good TV, good books, good podcasts, good films, blogging, my car which looks so pretty after Eric washed it, things turning green, birdsong, our old neighbor saying “hi” to Ringo, our “new” fence, barbecue, clean laundry, clean sheets, a warm shower and a clean towel, cuddling with Ringo, loving on Sam, pain meds.