2. How Did You Do That? interview with Laurie Wagner. “HOW DID YOU DO THAT? is an interview series where we get to hear the REAL story behind someone’s success—not the polished, neat and tidy version.” Laurie truly is one of my favorite humans. I love her so much it makes me cry sometimes just to think about it.
4. At home in Adelaide from SF Girl. This space is so peaceful.
7. “I just choose to not listen”: why Trump supporters are tuning out the scandals. “Motivated ignorance, explained.” In my Buddhist practice tradition, we call it willful ignorance. Speaking of willful ignorance, A university president held a dinner for black students — and set the table with cotton stalks and collard greens.
8. Colin Kaepernick is Patriotic, American—and Right. In related news, Trump calls Colin Kaepernick a ‘son of a b*tch’ during Alabama stump speech. “Stump speech” is a nice way of saying “white supremacist rally.”
9. We Need To Talk About Donald Glover. (video) When I was still doing water aerobics at the Senior Center pool, one day we played a game where we asked questions like “what’s your favorite breakfast spot?” or “what would you bring to a bbq?” and when we were responding to “who’s your favorite leading man?” and I said “Donald Glover,” no one knew who the heck I was talking about, even after I named all the things he’d done.
10. ICE agents profiled, followed, and harassed this man. He’s been a U.S. citizen for 20 years. (video). You know, just because we have a collection of jerks and fools making up lots of rules about things doesn’t mean we the people, no matter what our profession, need to be jerks and fools too. We can choose to remain decent human beings. We do not have to comply.
11. Dear Stephen Colbert: Sean Spicer At The Emmys Is Why We Struggle To Trust White People. When I heard that Sean Spicer was at the Emmy’s, I assumed they meant Melissa McCarthy had showed up dressed as him and done a skit. The truth of the matter was a really, really bad decision.
12. Recipe I want to try: Apple Fritter Stuffed Pull-apart Bread.