1. Hummingbirds gather to take a bath in the morning. (video)
2. McClure Twins funniest moments. Seriously these two are so cute. (video)
3. “If you don’t yet know who Tiffany Haddish is, your life is about to change for the hilarious.” Girls Trip’s Tiffany Haddish is a comedic genius. This interview proves it. And in related news, Girls Trip Star Tiffany Haddish Is the Funniest Person Alive Right Now.
4. How Noosa founder creates unusual flavors.
5. Philadelphia Woman Turns Home Into Museum Honoring Black Women.
6. 43 Problems Every Curvy Girl Has Faced At Least Once In Their Life.
7. A new exhibit is Amy Krouse Rosenthal’s moving, elaborate farewell.
8. 100 Artists Were Invited to Paint an Entire School Before Its Renovation.
9. As Workouts Intensify, a Harmful Side Effect Grows More Common from The New York Times.
10. Issa Rae Masterfully Sums Up ‘Insecure’ In 4 Words: ‘It’s Very, Very Black.’ And so very, very good.
11. Recipes I want to try: Cheesy Garlic Bread, and Honey Mustard Chicken Salad.
12. Q&A with Camille T. Dungy. “Camille T. Dungy is the author of the new essay collection Guidebook to Relative Strangers: Journeys into Race, Motherhood, and History. Her other books include Trophic Cascade and Smith Blue. She is a professor of creative writing at Colorado State University, and she lives in Fort Collins, Colorado.”
13. Cancer Doesn’t Choose Who Survives Based On How Hard Someone Fights.
14. 23 Times “The Office,” “Friends,” And “Parks And Rec” Actors Broke Character. Bloopers and Gag Reels are some of my most favorite things.
15. 10 Big, Divorce-Proofing Talks To Have Before Getting Married.
16. Fat Myths: Shutting Down BS with yoga sensation Jessamyn Stanley. This is from last year, but worth a listen. (video) In related news, this video.
17. The Shocking Ways Large Women Are Mistreated by Health-Care Providers. This has happened to every woman I know, regardless of size.
18. Q&A with Roxane Gay. In related news, Roxane Gay on the Traumas of the Body on The New York Times.
19. Scaredy cats. (video)
20. The Incredible Jessica James | Official Trailer | Netflix (video) Can’t wait for this. Looks so good. Here’s an interview with her about the film from The Root. (video)
21. A Wrinkle In Time Official US Teaser Trailer. (video) Something you might not know about me: my favorite story, plot, narrative is one where a young coming of age girl must save her family and/or the world. “A Wrinkle in Time” was one of my favorite books as a kid. Also Ava DuVernay is my favorite director.
22. Time to kill? These are the absolute best movies on Netflix. I don’t know if they are actually the best, but the list is worth a look.
23. Part 2: Plump with love from Andrea Scher.
24. This Twitter Account Is Renaming Everyday Objects And They’re More Accurate Than The Real Ones.
26. 4 Ways INFJs Can Create More Meaning in Their Lives.
27. Dumb Beauty, wisdom from Laurie Wagner. “It’s all so much dumb beauty.”
28. Stop Forcing Introverts to Speak in Class. There Are Better Ways.
29. Don’t Teach Kids How to Survive Police Encounters, Train Cops to Deescalate.
30. You don’t have to love your body.
31. Dear Rachel: Competing Hungers, wisdom from Rachel Cole.
32. Poetry, Politics, and Privilege, wisdom from Jena Schwartz.
33. Burg’s Place is fully funded! “Tomorrow I might not be so brave. But today? Today we celebrate.”
34. Wisdom from Jena Schwartz’s latest newsletter, (you really should sign up for it),
My point is this: You don’t have to be amazing. You don’t have to be anything but what you are. Your life is as full as a middle-aged woman after eating half a pint of Ben & Jerry’s (just a random example, I swear). Your ability to write for 10 minutes is as real and available to you as your toothbrush. You don’t have to have a point all planned out in advance. Take a snapshot of what’s right in front of you and tell us about it. Respond to a text or a early-morning message from a friend — with line breaks. PLAY. When you’re cooked and can’t handle one. more. thing… excuse yourself for an hour. Do what you need to do to come back to the fact that there is nothing wrong with you or your life. You are not too late.
35. What can help when you have lost a pet and are overwhelmed with grief?, wisdom from Susan Piver on her Ask Susan podcast.
36. White Fragility Leads to White Violence: Why Conversations About Race With White People Fall Apart.